- 1 Overview
- 2 Timeline of Humanity
- 2.1 Pre-Second Space Age
- 2.2 The Second Space Age
- 2.3 The First Interstellar War
This is the primary timeline for lore as a whole. At the bottom of the page, you can find the timeline of Humanity itself, which dives into the specifics of Human history - and repeats some of the things said below, in more detail.
Formation and Early Years
- 2346: NanoTrasen is officially founded by Xavier Trasen, who is at the time 47 years old. It has a net worth rivalling that of Einstein Engines, the original 'mega-corporation', as it has developed advanced medical technology.
- 2403: NanoTrasen acquires the mining rights to the Romanovich Cloud in the Tau Ceti system (an Inner-inner colony system). NanoTrasen eagerly invests in the system, constructing a research station on one of the asteroids alongside their mining centers.
Discovery of the Skrell
- 2332: The discovery of the Skrell and the later development of Bluespace drives has Xavier Trasen recognize the massive potential in energy research. Several new research stations are built in Tau Ceti and in the frontier of Sol Alliance space, and the corporation begins pouring millions of credits into experiments and prototypes for enhanced warp travel, which is currently extremely expensive and cumbersome. They compete with Einstein Engines, who have begun their own research.
The Discovery of Phoron
- 2417: In the Romanovich Cloud in the outer edges of Tau Ceti, NT discovers the resource ‘Phoron’. This element becomes an immensely efficient fuel source, effectively ending the growing energy crisis that humanity was facing, while further research quickly proved that it can make bluespace travel safe, efficient, and profitable. Phoron quickly becomes the prefered fuel and energy generating commodity. Einstein Engines and the Sol Alliance had poured tens of billions of credits and several years upgrading the previous warpgates, which are rendered completely obsolete by this discovery as NanoTrasen's phoron-powered bluespace is a hundred times more efficient than regular warp-travel. NT becomes excessively wealthy, using its exclusive patents on phoron refining and generation to become the single most powerful corporation in the known galaxy.
Discovery of the Tajara
- 2418: The discovery of the Tajaran homeworld of Adhomai by exploration ships equipped with new bluespace drives is quickly realized as a potentially profitable enterprise for NanoTrasen. There are accusations that despite being hindered by the Sol Alliance, NanoTrasen intentionally inflamed conflict on Adhomai to further their own ends. They use the situation to their advantage, bringing many Tajaran into their workforce, albeit with much lower pay and benefits than human or skrell.
- 2425: NanoTrasen wins a contract with the Sol Alliance to construct the first "Bluespace Gates", which quickly replace Warp Gates and allow travel between entire star systems in a matter of minutes or hours. Einstein Engines begins to see its profits fall as it stacked its entire decks in Warp Gates, which are now rendered obsolete due to how expensive and energy-intensive they are. NanoTrasen becomes the leader in both medical research, and a titan of energy.
Discovery of Unathi
- 2433: A NanoTrasen-funded exploration mission discovers the Unathi on their home planet of Moghes. Xavier Trasen is pressed by the board of directors to monopolize on this new species before other trans-stellar corporations have the chance. They enter into a race with other corporations and the Sol Alliance itself to compete for influence on Moghes. It takes a massive war between the Unathi and rumours of NanoTrasen selling weapons and technology to the competing factions, but until events in 2457 NanoTrasen remained the only connection that Moghes possessed with the rest of the galaxy, owning all of the shuttleports and bluespace communication on the planet's surface. Many Unathi still accept contracts with NanoTrasen, eager to escape their war weary home planet. Most of them find work in the Internal Security of NanoTrasen, where they become a considerable force to be reckoned with.
Rise of the Syndicate
- 2440: With its power and economic might nearly unquestionable, Nanotrasen uses its massive influence to directly influence the galaxy for the first time. It directly purchases several systems in the frontier, for all intents and purposes becoming the government of many small colony worlds. It also begins to expand its merchant navy, and begins changing its small internal security force into two new organizations: The NanoTrasen Navy, and the Emergency Response Team, who both work together to defend NanoTrasen interests from raiders and opportunists. These moves are very controversial, and it is only by the influence NanoTrasen has in Sol Alliance politics that they get away with these actions. Seeing that political pressure does little, disaffected and angry groups begin to plot more severe methods of undermining NanoTrasen...
- 2443: Xavier Trasen dies at the age of 144, and his daughter Miranda Trasen takes over as the new CEO of NanoTrasen at 30 years of age.
- 2445: A massive wave of terrorist attacks strike NanoTrasen facilities and assets across known space. The attacks are claimed by a shadowy organization known as the Syndicate, who condemn NanoTrasen's power in the galaxy and demand to see its monopoly ended. NanoTrasen profits take a hard hit, and the mega-corporation uses this as a reason to further expand the power of both its navy and its influence in Tau Ceti, which escaped most of the attacks.
The Formation of Biesel
- 2452: In the face of growing instability and a worsening recession, the Sol Alliance caves to the pressure of both NanoTrasen and Tau Ceti politicians in the pocket of the mega-corporation. Tau Ceti is officially granted independence and becomes the Republic of Biesel. The Tau Ceti Free Trade Zone is formed as well, giving NanoTrasen considerable power and influence directly in the center of Sol Alliance space. With Biesel seen as little more than a puppet of NanoTrasen, it becomes the target of considerable ire from both the Syndicate and disaffected citizens.
The Creation of the NSS Aurora
- 2454: NanoTrasen is now once more the dominant economic power of the galaxy. With Biesel in its pocket, it constructs in Tau Ceti one of its most advanced and state-of-the-art research stations in the Romanovich Cloud on the outer edge of the system: The NSS Aurora. It becomes one of the most important research centers in the possession of NanoTrasen, allowing a wide range of research and experiments to be done rather than having a single speciality. It also sees the construction of the NTCC Odin, or "Central Command", which becomes the central hub for NanoTrasen in Tau Ceti.
- 2457-2461: The NSS Aurora has become an important center of scientific advancement for NanoTrasen. It handles and researches new deadly diseases, still investigates the mysterious entities known as "Slimes", advances phoron research through its Supermatter engine and a new, experimental "Tesla" engine. as well as new ways to integrate man with machine through Robotics. In 2461, NanoTrasen founded a new sister station to the Aurora, the NSS Upsilon, where they now conduct most of their research, with the Aurora instead serving as a Phoron Mining and forward research station. However, the Aurora's lessening role in Research hasn't shattered its importance by much, as it still exists as the public flagship of the Corporation. It remains a target of unseen powers. Old enemies in the Syndicate, eager and greedy raiders, and even supernatural entities disturbed by NanoTrasen exploration and experiments have set the station on an uncertain future...
Timeline of Humanity
This is the primary timeline for Humanity, and goes into greater detail in a wider timeframe than the galactic timeline above.
While Human history is long and diverse and filled with Notable Humans, the migration to digital paperwork in the early 21st century and the changes in computer and information sciences has resulted in massive incompatibility between old and new systems, causing an immense loss of data created between 2005 and 2200 - a period informally called the Information Dark Age. Modern archaeologists continue to shed more light on the 21st - 22nd centuries, and their collective efforts have pieced together the following.
Pre-Second Space Age
The Sino-Soviet War
- 1969: In March, a contingent of People’s Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers raid a Soviet border outpost on Zhenbao Island, killing dozens and injuring scores. After two weeks of clashes the negotiations for a ceasefire fall flat and the conflict escalates to a full scale war. The USA reacts with hostility to Soviet overtures about a joint attack on Chinese nuclear facilities, but similarly refuses to openly provide assistance to communist China.
- 1971: Despite early Chinese success in August, the USSR enjoys sharp, destructive retaliation on Chinese Manchuria. Mao Zedong evacuates Beijing as Soviet forces advance on the capital. Despite China being a nuclear power, the small size and unreliable nature of their arsenal combined with justified fears of massive Soviet retaliation keeps the conflict conventional.
- 1971: The USSR finds itself trapped in a immensely expensive occupation of most of China in mid-December. Soviet forces have reached as far as Shanghai on the coast but most of the inner mainland of China remains within PLA control. The Soviets had neither the capacity nor the interest in governing another continent-sized territory. Along with this the USA is believed to be heavily funding Chinese resistance movements, further sapping Soviet power in the region. Within the year they begin to withdraw.
- 1972: The Sino-Soviet War has seen over 1.6 million Soviet casualties, 2.4 million Chinese casualties, and a peace treaty is signed in March that redraws the political boundaries between the USSR and China, officially ending the conflict. With its strength and economy severely stressed the USSR continues to limp behind NATO and the United States, along with a newly US-aligned Chinese government eager to undermine the USSR wherever it can.
The Proxy Wars
- 1984: Angry and radicalized by the failure of the USSR domestically and internationally since the disastrous Sino-Soviet war, hardliner communist radicals stage a coup of Soviet leadership on August 13th, igniting Cold War tensions and animosity between the two superpowers. The new radical government, lead by Yuri Andropov, launches a massive campaign to intimidate its neighbors and forcefully project its influence, leading to over a dozen confrontations and small-scale wars across the globe. The series of conflicts would become to be known in the later years as the Proxy Wars due to later the heavy involvement of Private Military Companies in use by the USA, and later the majority of major powers.
- 1985: The Soviet Union invades Iran after it refuses Soviet demands for an oil embargo against the United States, echoing its invasion of the country under similar circumstances during World War II. The Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, appeals to the United States for aid. The USA accepts, bringing the USSR and USA into their first ever direct confrontation. As American and Iranian forces take on the Soviets, China sides with the United States and enforces a full trade embargo on the USSR, while Europe remains neutral.
- 1986: Becoming desperate after its abandonment by China, North Korea declares war on South Korea during the month of March, continuing the Korean War. Early on Kim Il-sung is killed in an airstrike, destabilizing the already overwhelmed North Korean army. The South Korean forces, backed by the United Nations and with no Chinese objections, quickly overrun and claim Pyongyang. A new nation is borne by the end of the year, the United Korean Republic, with all of the immense challenges of a unified Korea.
The Rise of Mercenary Armies
- 1990: The new decade brings with it the reality that full scale modern warfare has immense price tags. Private Military Companies are quickly seen as the less expensive option both politically and financially. The United States and NATO found itself leasing operations to Samuel's Grey Feathers, whereas the USSR found itself similarly giving lucrative contracts to Tesova Employed Contractors. These mercenary armies began to replace uniformed servicemen, waging their wars and quietly growing their influence domestically.
- 1994: Samuel's Grey Feathers field the first Exosuits, the precurser to modern day RIGs. After field-testing the suits in Iran against Soviet troops, the CES (Combat Exoskeleton Suits) were produced in smaller numbers, and the US army would begin attaching CES units to light vehicles, allowing it's light vehicles to maintain high mobility and keep infantry support. They prove immensely useful in providing infantry with rapid movement and individual combat ability, driving Soviet forces out of Tehran and nearly out of Iran entirely.
- 1997: The United States begins to attempt to take parts and weaponry from it's heavy tanks in an effort to design a reasonably cheap (for what it was) version of the M5 Highlander, as it began leasing the Grey Feather's M5 Highlanders; all-terrain bipedal tank units that are the precursor of modern day battle Mechs. Highlanders were armed with experimental, clunky laser cannon prototypes, which would lead to the United States' hesitance of outright purchasing and replacing it's own tanks. While the Highlanders themselves were expensive and quickly outdated, they've forever had an impact on human warfare and introduced the concept of heavily armored bipedal tanks.
The New Millenium
- 1999: With its manpower depleted and the tides turning, the USSR agrees to settle the war and withdraw from Iran. The Soviets lost 300,000, with the US and Iran losing 350,000 as well as 30,000 civilians. While neither faction ceded territory nor money and the treaty was little more than a white peace, the involved PMC's found their influence and power deeply entrenched within their respective governments. In the years to come they would expand to become the primary source of stability for nations that could afford it.
- 2005: Economic scare causes stock market to briefly plunge due to waves of investors selling their stocks to preemptively cut losses. World markets recover by December, but the United Kingdom suffers immensely as the pound loses nearly all of its value, causing ripples across global markets. The Pound never regains its value, and the global economy continues to stagnate for the next decade.
- 2015: The European Union, having struggled for a decade since the collapse of the UK economy, officially votes itself out of existence in its final summit. With the hopes of a federal Europe destroyed, European influence on the world stage plummets in turn. The world itself has managed to recover from the debilitating Proxy Wars, though the United States is facing immense domestic challenges from a population growing increasingly hostile to the dominance of Private Military Companies.
- 2020: The United States, China, Mexico, and France form a combined space program (United Orbital Enterprise) that pledge to colonize the moon within 20 years. The USSR forms its own competing space program (Cosmonaut Enterprises) and swears to colonize Mars within 15 years.
- 2025: French scientists and engineers successfully activate the worlds first fusion reactor, sparking a wave of celebration across the globe. The technology is extremely expensive and slow to be proliferated across the planet, but it promises to completely turn the growing stress on the climate and non-renewable resources on its head.
- 2037: The worst terrorist attack up until that point is committed against the American-based HeRMITCorp, a primary shareholder in the fusion energy market. The target was the largest fusion production lab in the world, based in Nevada outside Las Vegas. Heavily armed gunmen with military-grade exosuits and C4 explosives assaulted and sabotaged the highly volatile fusion core, causing a catastrophic explosion of two square miles. Though many terror groups and rebel fighters claim responsibility for the act, the real culprit was never revealed. Speculation by UN investigative analysts has determined the most likely involved party may have had connections to the US military and their armaments, leading to the impeachment and imprisonment of the US President Roger G. Fox. In the resulting fallout and domestic unrest Congress authorized the PMC Samuel's Grey Feathers to operate domestically, awarding them security contracts to supplement US police forces across the nation. Soon the national military and even domestic police force of the United States were replaced with private security contractors.
The Second Space Age
- 2070: The UOE launch three ships, the "Santa María", "Niña" and "Pinta", to colonize Venus, Mars, and the Moon. They form small science outposts, with over a dozen residents each officially becoming the first human colonists in space. The USSR's own space agency faces setbacks in colonizing the surface of planets or the moon but finds itself remarkably adept at deep space constructions, with the rugged, over-engineered Soviet crafts able to survive the harsh, unforgiving vacuum of space better than the more expensive, fragile western counterparts.
The Crisis of 2127
- 2127: While Humanity has faced success in tentatively spreading across the Solar System in the baby steps of colonization, Earth itself faces its greatest economic crisis in human history up until that point, triggered by the world's largest petroleum company, Titan Energy Incorporated, declaring bankruptcy after years of increasing maintenance and unforgiving costs in extracting and refining deeper and deeper oil wells, which had a cascading affect of suffocating nearly every other oil company worldwide. The world economy, already in the midst of what was thought to be a brief recession,collapsed utterly and completely as news networks fanned the flames of panic about the end of oil. The world's GDP dropped by half within three weeks as economies went under overnight. Many nations would simply cease to exist as their central governments effectively stopped functioning in face of economic collapse and disastrous energy shortages. The political map of the world would, within just a few short years, become completely redrawn.
The Discovery of Warp
- 2130: Soviet scientists in orbit successfully prove the existence of Warp travel, marking the start of the Interstellar Era. With the financing and support of the United Nations (the only functioning form of government left in the chaotic, economically beleaguered Earth) the technology is refined and installed on probes that will be sent out to map the stars surrounding Sol. The technology allows travel to other star systems within weeks, but the energy required to keep the warp engine running is massive, reliant on mining, refining, and shipping vast amounts of helium-3 from the moon and other asteroids within the Oort Cloud.
- 2132: The United Nations had seen its mandate grow increasingly important and vital since the Crisis of 2127. The supranational organization had been the primary source of deliberation, peacekeeping, and humanitarian assistance to beleaguered nations of Earth. Individual nations had no way of financing their space programs to even begin to dream of colonizing Tau Ceti or expanding into space. After years of intense negotiations it was finally decided to transform the United Nations into the Sol Alliance. Even if it was out of naked self-interest, the remaining stable governments of Earth recognized that if they didn't pool their resources and sacrifice political independence to a new world government that they would face utter extinction or a return to the iron age. Private Military Companies had become large and powerful enough to match the peacekeeping force of the United Nations, and managed to intimidate themselves to the negotiation table. The influence of PMCs had a profound impact on the early policies of the Sol Alliance.
The Founding of the Sol Alliance
- 2140: The United Nations officially forms the Sol Alliance, which becomes the new government of humanity. This new one world government oversees Earth and the colonies in the solar system, effectively bringing all of humanity under one banner. Its early years bring the Crisis of 2127 to an end, ushering in a new era of optimism, expansion, and greed.
The Discovery of Biesel
- 2147: Biesel is discovered in Tau Ceti by Sol Alliance probes, promising new resources for the desperate Earth. In orbit, colony ships are constructed as efforts begin to colonize this habitable world. With the trip expected to take months with current warp travel technology, it is considered a one-way trip for the colonists.
- 2152: A second habitable world is discovered in the Epsilon Eridani system, bringing even more possibilities of expansion for humanity.
The First Trans-stellars
- 2155: Habitable planets closest to Earth see their population steadily increase as colony ships make round trips between the settlements and Sol. Einstein Engines becomes the first Transstellar corporation, specializing in producing Warp engines and supplying colonists with affordable equipment to tame and exploit the new worlds they inhabit. Despite this growth, it's not yet possible for the Earth to see a true profit emerge from this. With the growing instability, Earth itself has age-old feuds break out on its surface while Einstein Engines continues to profit.
- 2166: Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals is founded by Zeng-Hu. It has patents on many new medicines and drugs distilled from the natural flora of the new colony worlds, as well as performing research in the power of cloning.
The New Galactic Economy
- 2200: The Martian Terraforming Project begins, transforming the barren surface into lush plains and having ancient riverbeds flow for the first time in millions of years. Mars sees a huge immigration boom, with former inhabitants of Earth craving the perceived freedom and prosperity available on this new frontier. With interstellar trade now becoming a huge market, the complexities of currency exchanges becomes more trouble than its worth. The Sol Alliance creates the Credit, a standardized currency that all of human space will use.
The Second Great Depression
- 2260: A massive recession strikes the Sol Alliance as the largest stock exchanges see a sudden collapse, effectively tanking the entire economy. The trans-stellar corporations nearly go bankrupt, and desperately use their influence to reap massive bail-outs.
- 2265: With no end of the "Great Depression" in sight, a desperate and bankrupt Earth establishes extortionary taxes on its colony worlds. This leads to anger, and questions over the credibility of the Sol Alliance's claim of representing all of humanity.
- 2275: Fighting breaks out in the outer colonies, spurred on by extremist elements and anti-Alliance sentiments. The Sol Alliance is slow to respond, paralyzed by confusion and uncertainty. As a result, other Colonies on the fringe begin to break away, forming the Coalition of Colonies.
The First Interstellar War
- 2278: The Coalition of Colonies is still not recognized by the Sol Alliance, and in anger the Coalition attacks Sol Alliance military forces who refused to leave systems that had seceded. The Coalition fleet is drastically smaller and less equipped than the Sol Alliance, but the massive size of their territory and the slow response times of Sol means they enjoy a very successful, defensive guerrilla war.
- 2286: Many Megacorporations profit from the war, selling arms to one or both sides, trading in dangerous systems and staking claims in otherwise dangerous locations. Despite all the chaos, humanities' population has risen to 22 billion people.
- 2287: The First Interstellar War is said to have ended on this date with a ceasefire between the Sol Alliance and the Coalition of Colonies. But despite the formal peace, skirmishes continue to break out, and the frontier remains lawless and untamed...
The New Capital of Humanity
- 2300: The administration of the Sol Alliance is moved to the newly constructed Unity City, a space station in Earth orbit. The new capital is intended to increase ease of access while also better reflecting the Alliance’s stated mission to represent all of humanity, not just any single nation or planet.
Formation of Nanotrasen
- 2346: Formation of Nanotrasen by Xavier Trasen. Initially specializes in advanced gene therapy. It eventually becomes a more broadened scientific company, rivaling Einstein Engines.
The Warp Gate Project
- 2355: The Warp Gate project begins with the goal of connecting humanity's most populated and profitable systems with permanent, mammoth structures that cut travel time to mere days. The work itself is contracted out to Einsten Engines, with the Sol Alliance shouldering most of the cost.
- 2384: The Warp Gate Project is completed. While Einstein Engines now enjoys the immense profits from controlling the most effective and commonly used method of intergalactic travel, the Sol Alliance is facing a new economic crisis as the project has put a heavy load on their coffers. Desperate and facing a new potential recession, the Sol Alliance grants major concessions to both trans-stellar corporations and its colony worlds over the next decade, effectively granting both factions independence in many areas.
- 2390: The Warp Gates bring an influx of wealth to the inner-colonies closest to them, but disrupt several established trade routes, leading to economic decline in several systems. The Sol Alliance, largely bankrupt from the Warp Gate project, is forced to grant independence to a number of border systems. These worlds quickly join the loosely organized Confederation of Colonies, or strike it out on their own.
The Rise of Nanotrasen
- 2400: Trans-stellars capitalize on immense profits from the past decades, diversifying to a great degree. Some begin swearing allegiances to these corporations, making them nations in their own rights that rule in the fringes of known space, while lobbying for even more benefits from the Sol Alliance. Their power is divided almost equally between Einstein Engines, Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals, and Hephaestus Industries.
- 2403: NanoTrasen acquires the mining rights to the Romanovich Cloud in the Tau Ceti system (an Inner-inner colony system).
- 2413: First contact is made with the Skrell. Sends shockwaves throughout human space. Over the next few years, these two species come closer and begin to cooperate on developing new technology. The Sol Alliance, optimistic about this new alien race, creates an alliance with them while the trans-stellar corporations compete to reverse-engineer Skrellian technology for various fields.
- 2415: First contact is made with the Vox. This contact has remarkably less fanfare due to the fact the Vox immediately begin raiding and scamming human settlements.
Discovery of Phoron
- 2417: In the Romanovich Cloud in the outer edges of Tau Ceti, NT discovers the resource ‘phoron’. This element becomes an immensely efficient fuel source, effectively ending the growing energy crisis that humanity was facing, while further research quickly proved that it can make bluespace travel safe, efficient, and profitable. Phoron quickly becomes the prefered fuel and energy generating commodity. NT becomes excessively wealthy, using its exclusive patents on phoron refining and generation to become the single most powerful corporation in the known galaxy.
- 2420: Earth is made effectively self-sufficient, with phoron effectively ending its energy crisis. Now the stagnation reverses completely, and Earth is revitalized. Terraforming efforts are made, funded by the Sol Alliance, to bring quality of life to a world covered in urban sprawl and ruined eco-systems. Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals begins reintroducing previously extinct animals back into the wild, using clones created from the animal's genetic information.
The Age of Bluespace
- 2425: Bluespace Link gates begin to pop-up in the most developed systems across Human and Skrell space. The Alliance Sol Warp Gates are upgraded with Bluespace technology, greatly increasing their efficiency and giving Nanotrasen control of all travel throughout the Sol Alliance; dethroning Einstein Engines.
- 2438: The Scarab fleet, a group of long-lost colonists and pioneers, reappears in Sol Alliance territory. These space adapted humans find it difficult to reintegrate with a humanity that has pushed on in their absence, and they journey to become a member of the Frontier Alliance.
- 2450: Tau Ceti, a Sol Alliance system in the inner colonies, has Nanotrasen dominating nearly every facet of life. Sentiment is pro-Nanotrasen, with politicians praising the corporation's efforts to improve the local economy, while ignoring the many morally questionable actions that Nanotrasen has taken.
The Conflicted Frontier
- 2452: The Coalition of Colonies experiences a period of internal strife over a disagreement between the United Syndicates of Himeo and the Xanu Free League on the Coalition's relationship with trans-stellar corporations, with claims of many outer colonies being corporate police states rather than true colonies. Some areas of the frontier of human space become a lawless expanse with pirates and mega-corporations becoming the new law of the lands as some systems depart the Coalition, yet the Coalition itself persists.
- 2458: NT is an economic powerhouse which the Sol Alliance relies on for phoron to keep its trade routes to the outer colonies alive and satisfy the energy needs of its largest colonies. Anti-NT sentiment grows in Tau Ceti, but many others continue to support the megacorporation keeping the gears of the (human) galactic economy going. However, the Syndicate continues to position itself to strike back against the NT on a larger scale; and many more exotic, fantastical elements of the universe such as the Vox, undiscovered alien life, extremists, even ancient powers beyond comprehension may be moving to strike at arguably the most powerful organization in human space.
- 2458: The Sol Alliance blockades Biesel due to pressure from the Skrellian Federation amid their concerns of Biesel using combat borgs for their navy. The blockade fuels not just Sol-Biesel hatred, but synthetic hatred as well. Prices in Biesel skyrocket to accommodate these new economic strains.
- 2459: The Sol Alliance fleet dedicated to the blockade, the 33rd led by Admiral Frost, goes against orders and invades the free Republic of Biesel. In a bloodless invasion, Frost had numerous free synthetics sold back into slavery or scrapped, captured the President of Biesel, and then crushed any oppositon towards him. Eventually, the 25th fleet of Sol was sent to stop Admiral Frost. Frost then hid on the NSS Exodus and awaited a raider gang to deliver him to the frontier. 25th Fleet Marines attempted to capture Frost, but were slaughtered by loyalist 33rd Marines. Frost then abandoned his men to flee to the frontier.