People's Republic of Adhomai
|Tajaran Lore Pages|
|Species and Ethnicity Lore Pages||Tajara · Tajaran Ethnicities|
|Planet and System Pages||Adhomai · S'rand'marr · Hro'zamal · Gakal'zaal|
|Culture Society and History Pages||Tajaran History · Notable Tajara · Adhomai Economy · Ma'ta'ke Gods · S'rendarr and Messa · Tajaran Minor Religions · Tajaran Emigration|
|Governments and Organizations Pages||People's Republic of Adhomai · Democratic People's Republic of Adhomai · New Kingdom of Adhomai · Tajaran Military Structures · Tajara Space Capability · Crevus · Little Adhomai · Free Tajaran Council · Tajaran Educational Institutions|
People's Republic of Adhomai
Lead by President Njadrasanukii Hadii, the People’s Republic of Adhomai is considered the 'loyalist' faction on Adhomai and once enjoyed galactic recognition as the government of Adhomai. It claims to be the true keeper of Al’mari’s legacy. However, the PRA can be described as a Hadiist branch of Al’mari’s revolutionary ideology - that means putting the State at the top of a hierarchy of power. The PRA is a very centralized state, but in recent years has slowly been able to start making true its promises to bring revolution to the masses. With land reform, the enfranchisement of women and peasantry, literacy initiatives, and the collectivization of farms and the means of production, the PRA is struggling to hold true to its radical ideals while an entrenched upper party stubbornly tries to hold onto power.
With a focus on expanding the Space Navy of Adhomai and ensuring greater prosperity for his supporters, Hadii has forced rapid modernization on the cities still in loyalist's hands. The government's rule is marked by a lack of privacy, enthusiastic police, and pervasive secret police that leave privacy a nebulous concept to most Tajara. During the height of the war, anyone suspected of supporting traitors or publicizing media critical of the Hadii faced harsh retribution, but these practices are becoming less pervasive as wartime zealotry fades. In addition, the Parliament under President Hadii is criticized for being nothing more than a puppet, providing a rubber stamp to the extremely centralized office of the president. However, life under the government, while not free, can often be stable and safe when away from the conflict zones. Under the Republic, Tajara have more opportunities than they have had historically, with the Party investing heavily in its people. NanoTrasen continues to throw out large nets and bring in hundreds or even thousands of Tajara new employment opportunities in the galaxy as well as selling designs for ships and other space-faring aircraft to the People's Republic's Military. NanoTrasen is also accused of being very exploitative of Tajara laborers, but for many Tajara the company is their path to the adventure of the wider galaxy.
Demonym: Adhomian, Republican, Hadiist
Official Language(s): Siik'Maas
The People's Republic of Adhomai was established in 2431 as the sole ruling government in Adhomai. With the popular leader Rhagrrhuzau Hadii as their first president, they were able to enact deep reforms, such as the distribution of land, establishment of state schools, and healthcare. Despite the recent changes, the planet of Adhomai was still bound to humanity and NanoTrasen, a relation that brought several benefits, but caused resentment among most supporters of the Hadiist ideology, as they believed that the Tajaran species could only be truly free if they were allowed to make their own path without the interference of the alien.
In 2449, while the royalist rebellion happened in the shadows, Al’mari decided to change his policy in regards to NanoTrasen. New economic policies unfavorable to NanoTrasen were enacted, alongside with the denunciations aimed towards humanity’s imperialism and the necessity of a free Adhomai. This new position caused discontentment among many that were gaining profit with the presence of the Megacorporation on the planet.
President Al'mari was assassinated in 2451, one year after the royalist rebellion in Northern Harr'masir exploded. Al'mari's brother, Malik Hadii, took over the office of the presidency while rolling back the economic reforms implemented two years prior. The head of the armed forces, Nated'Hakhan, attempted a failed coup with the support of many other generals, triggering the creation of the Adhomai Liberation Army.
The following ten years were marked by the Second Tajaran Civil war; the conflict between the People’s Republic of Adhomai, the Adhomai Liberation Army, and the New Kingdom of Adhomai. During this period, several authoritarian measures were enacted by the government, such as the establishment of working camps for subversive elements and the increasing percussion of the Zhan population. Despise the presence of a strong economy and modern army, the PRA found themselves in a disadvantageous position in the war during 2461, losing important territories and battles. Without the support of the Sol Alliance, lost due to their recent friction caused by their poor relations, many feared that the People’s Republic may not survive in the upcoming years. Saved due to a coalition of allied alien states and mercenaries, the People's Republic was able to survive the conflict and secure peace through an armistice. Despite losing the supremacy over Adhomai, they still control wealthy and populated territories and posses a better standing with the overall galactic community.
The People’s Republic of Adhomai uses Credit as their main currency; Adhomian knuckles and other local currencies are used sparsely in more remote regions.
Despite being largely rural, the People’s Republic is the faction with the most industrialized economy. While most vital industries are controlled by the government, private enterprise is still possible in the majority of the sectors, as long as governmental permission is granted. The presence of NanoTrasen in the PRA territory is another important factor in the Republican economic success, as the mega-corporation offers countless opportunities to the Tajaran population, besides the growth stimulated by their operations.
Towns and villages across the PRA are organized into collective farms that are worked on by an entire community. The farmers of these areas come together to form councils who act as a manager to oversee the work for the season and send reports and requests to the central government in Nal'tor. Nal'tor gathers all of the information provided by the farming councils - and all other economic data - and processes them through an older generation Artificial Intelligence, known as Aparhatchyk, purchased from the Republic of Biesel in 2459.
The government sends out directives for the villages to all grow different crops and offer equipment like tractors or workers to help build new irrigation canals or roads. The farmer councils then negotiate with the state and can get compromises so they are not simply forced to do something by the Party. They also do not compete with other regions. There is always a diverse yield produced every season, and rural communities enjoy democratic self-management. Profits from collective farms are distributed among the entire community. With no entrenched elite or corporate executives, and only needing to pay to fill the gas tanks of loaned farm equipment or vehicles, rural Tajara tend to live comfortably when they are insulated from conflict. However, while it may be fulfilling to many, the simple life leads other Tajara with a yearning to achieve more in life, or escape the rigid conservative life on the farm, to filter into the cities and then into space to find adventure in the greater galaxy.
Several welfare programs exist in Republican states. A common sight in the cities is communal apartment complexes with no rent, allowing the poorest urban dwellers to have a residency when they are unable to pay their bills. The life inside of those accommodations is devoid of luxuries, as they are built with low-cost materials and can house many families at once.
Culture and Society
The Republican government seeks to create a single monolithic culture for the Tajara under the ideological vision of Hadiism. The suppression of the ethnic caste system installed by the previous noble rule is one of the goals of the People’s Republic, that has been reached with little success, as such divisions are still deeply entrenched in the Tajaran people. The republican culture places a large emphasis on the importance of the collective over the individual interest, with each Tajara being considered as a piece in the machinery of the Tajaran society. PRA citizens are educated on the importance of preserving their union and how factionalism is dangerous to their own species.
Deviation from the established cultural and societal expectations can result in ostracization by the population and government. Regional identities and other alternative trends are suppressed, deemed as subversive. Due to such, Zhan communities are often persecuted by the authorities and have an overall negative image before the eyes of the Republican mass. Loyalty to the Hadii party is a common trait among the citizens of the Republic, as much of the recent success and conquests of the Tajara species can be attributed to the popular leader Al'mari Hadii and his ideals. The fear of the secret service is also a present factor among the urban population of the PRA cities, even if their ways have become less pervasive as the war dragged on.
There is a stark difference in the life of rural and urban republican populations. Hadiists are inherently suspicious of urban Tajara, with their philosophers claiming that their cushier lives and access to education can turn them into ‘petty Njarir'akhran’. In contrast, they emphasize the inherent purity and goodness of rural peasantry, who live an honest, simple life. In the cities, the government’s presence is pronounced. There is a lack of privacy, enthusiastic police, and pervasive secret police.
The quality of life for an urban dweller in Nal'tor, or any other major city, can vary considerably according to the Tajara's occupation, education, and standing with the Party. The average worker that labors in the industrial suburbs can expect an honest living to be made, and a modest lifestyle to be led. The majority of the city laborers work in government-run factories and spaceports, with stable but strict work hours and schedule the Hadii regime boasts of its fairness to the worker. An eight or nine-hour work schedule is observed, with 1 day of the week free. State-run factories also provide free meals through welfare programs, coupled with at best average but stable salaries keep the morale at acceptable levels. Party members, researchers, military officers, and other educated professionals usually have access to more services and luxuries, that includes human-produced goods. Political dynasties, such as the Hadii, occupy the echelons of Republican urban society, controlling the industry and government. Criminal organizations are also present in the cities, controlling legal and illegal business.
Republican loyalists commonly greet each other by saying: "Hadii's grace, comrade".
The traditional Tajaran family is the basic social unit of the Hadiist family. A monogamous heterosexual relationship with as many children as possible is portrayed as the Republican ideal. Daycares, tax exemptions, rewards, and other benefits are granted as a means to encourage the establishment of families in spite of the advancing modernity. Extended families are common in rural communities while being less prevalent in urban centers. Couples leave their parents' homes after marriage, usually moving to a state-issued apartment.
Deviant behavior is shunned by the overall Hadiist society and government, as it is considered a threat to the collectivist ethos of the Republic. Indecency laws exist to punish individuals that do not conform to societal expectations. During the Second Revolution, labor camps and health programs were established to reeducate these Tajara. These regulations are also used to defame political dissidents. Since the end of the War, the Hadiist regime has shut down the camps and now relies solely on rehabilitation. Race mixing is not outright illegal, but widespread prejudice against it remains.
After the great war, the great majority of the land was confiscated from the nearly extinct Adhomian nobility and distributed among the peasant population. Complex agricultural projects and farms ran directly by the State were attempted. Early results were less than favorable and caused dissatisfaction in the rural population who chaffed under overbearing bureaucrats who skimmed their yields to sell on the black market. Al'mari Hadii attempted to break this up shortly before his assassination. Njadrasanukii Hadii took his brother's project on and allowed more freedom to the peasants while adopting modern human farming equipment offered by NanoTrasen. Mechanized agriculture is a growing phenomenon in the republic’s territory.
While the People’s republic territory includes several different regional cultures, it is possible to find common culinary traditions among its population. Bread, baked with flour produced from a variation of the Blizzard Ears, is considered an essential part of a worker’s breakfast. Salt-cured Fatshouters’ meat also has been introduced widely, facilitated by the recent advances in livestock husbandry techniques. Canned food and alien goods are a common sight in republican cities, imported by Solarian companies or NanoTrasen. The technological advances provided by the revolution allowed the population to have contact with more exotic dishes, besides granting more freedom of creation to Tajaran chefs, now that electricity and refrigeration are not only restricted to the nobility.
- Zkah'nkowa: a canned variety of the Fatshouter Bloodpudding, known for its low-fat content and lighter color. It was created shortly after the First Revolution to ease the food shortage after the conflict. Its low cost and nutritious value allowed it to become a staple of the Hadiist diet.
- Rikazu: small pies, often hand-sized, usually made by folding dough overstuffing of fruit and cream cheese; commonly served hot. The simple preparation makes it a fast favorite, and the versatility of the ingredients has gained its favor with Tajara of all creeds. Different variations of Rikazu pop up all over Adhomai, some filled with meats, or vegetables, or even imported ingredients, like chocolate filling.
- Sarmikhir: a fat sour-tasting cream made from Fatshouters' milk. Sarmikhir is mainly used as a spread; Adhomian bread is habitually consumed with it during the Hadiist breakfast. The cream is also used as a condiment and blended with salads and soups. Sarmikhir is sold at room temperature in cans or wrapped in foil.
- Victory Gin: considered the official drink of the People's Republic of Adhomai, Victory Gin was created to celebrate the end of the revolution. It is commonly found in NanoTrasen’s stations, due to a contract that allows the government to supply the corporation, and in the Tajaran communities of Tau Ceti. The destruction of Victory Gin's bottles and reserves was widespread when Republican positions and cities were taken by the opposition as the drink is deemed by many as a symbol of the Hadiist regime.
- Hro'zamal Soda: a soft drink made from the seed's powder of the Hro'zamal Ras'Nifs, a plant native to Hro'zamal. While initially consumed as an herbal tea by the colonists, it was introduced to Adhomai by the Army Expeditionary Force and transformed into a carbonated drink. The beverage is popular with factory workers and university students because of its stimulant effect. Much of Hro'zamal's agriculture was switched to planting the crops needed to supply soda production.
- Khlibnyz: a fermented beverage produced from Adhomian bread. Herbs, fruits, and tree sap can be added for flavoring. It is considered a non-alcoholic drink by Adhomian standards because of its very low alcohol content. Khlibnyz was mainly consumed by peasants during pre-contact times and is still very popular with the Hadiist rural population. Communal farms brew their own Khlibnyz and sell it to the government for distribution. The drink was involved in a controversy when the People's Republic tried to export it to human colonies as a soft drink, unaware of the alien standards.
The republican army is the best equipped among the warring factions of Adhomai, being supplied by NanoTrasen and other outworld supporters. Canned goods and modern rations are issued to all branches of the Republic’s military. Native field meals are composed of salt-cured Fatshouters’ meat, bread, and Victory Gin, while imported ones are generally found in the form of LiquidFood rations, a less than popular alternative manufactured by NanoTrasen.
Having direct and friendly contact with humanity, The People's Republic of Adhomai has been the most influenced by the spacer fashion. The most known is the "assistant jumpsuits" which directly inspired the design of factory overalls, the plight and low pay of the assistants are close to the hearts of Hadiist Tajara and their Republic. However, outside of work attire, the Republic has attempted to quell humanization, preferring and encouraging simple and natural colors for civilians, hoping to stifle any thoughts that someone's neighbor has it better than them. One interesting rise is in the nylon industry. Nylon being stretchy, accommodating, see-through yet very warm makes it the perfect wear for any Tajara, mainly soldiers and dockers who spend hours outside in the cold biting environment.
Tail adornments have recently become very unpopular, being quoted as "Reminder of the shackles the Njarir had on us", yet still the younger Tajara who do not remember the rebellions have taken a liking to these. Piercings are also popular with the youngsters, who have observed this behavior from humans. Curiously it has also become common among soldiers and outlaws who pierce their skin with gold, silver, or coinage. This way one can hide a substantial amount of money under their fur.
The music in the People’s Republic of Adhomai typically deals with patriotic themes; focusing on the political struggles of the Tajaran people and the great accomplishments of the Party and President Hadii. While folk instruments are still widely present, it is not uncommon for alien techniques to be used in musical productions. Artists can only perform in public areas and publish their works with the express approval of the government. Censorship is a common obstacle that many producers encounter. Yasmin Piaf is one of the most famous Republican artists.
Hadiist war songs during the first years of the second civil war used to boast about their technological and numerical superiority, claiming that the rebels would be swiftly crushed. During the later stages of the conflict; the theme quickly changed to call for the steadfast defense of the Republican lands and the preservation of their nation before the advancing enemy.
The current People's Republic's national anthem was chosen shortly after the ascension of President Hadii to power. The song portrays Malik's rule as reinvigorating and as the rightful continuation of Al'mari's government.
State Anthem of the People's Republic of Adhomai
The flag is moving in the morning sky,
With our first step as important as the winds,
Do they hear the winds, rustling again?
The winds of mighty attacks!
And our march is going on again!
And the heart is uneasy in our chest,
And the Republic is young again!
And the youth of Hadii are young again!
Now our march is going on again!
And the Republic is young again!
And the youth of Hadii are young again!
Don't wait on mercies from the Sun!
Don't spare their lives for truth!
In this life, comrades,
We have our own truth!
There are heat and snow in this world,
The world is young and rich,
The youth of Hadii is with them!
Literature in the People’s Republic is heavily regulated and influenced by the Party. To secure government control over the field the Tajaran Union of Writers was established, an organization responsible for dictating the writing norms and acceptable contents of any book. All texts must be approved by the Union before being published, as publishing a work without official permission is considered a crime punishable with imprisonment. The government maintains a long list of banned works, that mostly includes pre-contact books and anything conflicting with the Hadiist’s values. Possession of banned texts is penalized with detention and re-education classes.
The current Party-supported school of literature is known as Hadiist Realism. This movement focuses on the condition of the Tajara people, the Republican struggle against the other two factions, and rebel stories from the First Revolution. Writers must portray the common Tajara as a heroic individual guided by the Party. Despite the support of the state towards literature, it has only found some moderate success within the urban population. Rural Tajara still see books with suspicion due to their association with the nobility.
- Hadiist Manifesto: a political document supposedly written by Al’mari Hadii after the First Revolution. It is regarded as the foundation of the Hadiist Ideology. It presents an analysis of the Tajaran situation post-conflict and how they could secure their future in the galaxy. Its reading is mandatory in all Republican schools and copies can be found in most homes and public buildings.
- The Tajara Without Sun: a self-published alternate history novel, set in a world where the People’s Republic won the Second Revolution. The book depicts a dystopian Adhomai under the totalitarian rule of President Hadii; a future where all aspects of life are fully controlled by the Hadiist Party. Due to rampant industrialization, the skies are covered by black smog that blocks any sunlight from reaching the planet. The work is famous for a scene where President Hadii orders the cyborgification of all Zhan-Khazan Tajara. Due to its criticism of the Party, the book is banned. Its author is currently unknown; their real identity is subject to much speculation. Copies are commonly found in the black market or in the hands of Non-Republican Tajara.
- Summer Comes to Adhomai: a Hadiist Realist novel set during the First Revolution. The book tells the story of a young Hharar farmer involved in the revolt against the nobility. Later in the story, the protagonist encounters the forces of Al’mari and joins his army in his conquest of Adhomai. The text praises the bravery of the revolutionaries and depicts Hadiism as the inevitable outcome of the Revolution.
Television is one of the most popular forms of mass media in the People’s Republic, owing to the Tajaran traditions of theater and oral storytelling. All channels are currently under the strict control of the government. While a majority of the programs are Adhomian-made, few select alien shows are allowed after passing by the Party-approved editing and translation. Television is considered a powerful propaganda tool by the Hadiist Party. Soap operas, films, and news are made to teach republican ideals and reinforce President Hadii's cult of personality. Actors are selected for their roles depending on their standing with the Party.
Telenovelas are well received by the Republican audience. Hadiist shows are usually focused on the daily Tajaran life and period pieces set during the First Revolution. PRA television is infamous for interrupting the regularly scheduled programs to broadcast President Hadii’s speeches.
- Comrade Rafama and Friends: an animated series aimed towards the younger audience. This shows attempts to teach the principles of Hadiism through characters based on Adhomian animals. The protagonist, Comrade Rafama, is the embodiment of the ideal Hadiist citizen; he and his many friends are always eager to apply the teachings of the Republican ideology to resolve any problem that they may come across. The cartoon’s popularity outside of Adhomai exploded after the introduction of Cool Schlorrgo; a character meant to represent the PRA loyalist forces in Hro’zamal.
- Midnight in Shastar City: a spy-thriller series focusing on the life of Comrade Konon, a fictional PSIS agent going undercover in the Adhomai Liberation Army. The show follows a rigid format where the protagonist is involved in a different operation every episode, ends trapped in a death-and-life situation, and then escapes using some kind of ingenious gadget or makeshift solution.
- Tears on the Snow: one of the longest-running Adhomian telenovelas, it is focused on the history of a Tajara family through modern Tajaran history. The plot started with the first revolution and is currently situated in the period after Al’mari’s death. The show is known for its large cast of characters and over-the-top dramatic situations.
Radio has a long history with the People's Republic, as it was widely used by rebels during the First Revolution. While it is quickly losing ground to television, it is still popular with the rural population. In a similar manner to other mass media outlets, the radio is heavily regulated and censored. All major stations are controlled by the People’s Republic and serve as propaganda vehicles for the Party. Amateur radios are allowed to operate after acquiring the proper license, but their channels are closely monitored by the Secret Service. Several jamming stations were built to prevent Hadiist citizens from listening to broadcasts made by the other Adhomian states. Number stations are common in the People's Republic, some have clear goals, like counting the time until curfew, while others' intended purposes remain unclear.
Outside of Party endorsed music, radionovelas stand out in the Republican radio scene. Spy thrillers, war stories, and melodramas are the most prevalent genres in these shows.
Notable Radio Stations
- The Voice of the Tajaran People: the national network of the PRA, focused on the political life in the country. It is considered the major source of news about the country and outside affairs on the radio. President Hadii is known to transmit all of his speeches through this channel. It is a tradition in communal farms for Tajara to gather around the radio to listen to what their leader has to say every afternoon.
- KGTW-11: a radio station geared towards music and other sources of entertainment. Sports, fashion, television shows, and more are discussed by the hosts. Despite the seemingly apolitical nature of this channel, they are also under constant vigilance by the secret police in case they transmit any anti-Hadiist message. Yasmin Piaf is the main star of this network.
The Party maintains its own set of state-approved holidays to be celebrated by the citizens of the Republic. Even in the harshest years of the war, these holidays were celebrated in full extravagance.
- Establishment of the People’s Freedom and Memorial Day (March 4th): also known as Victory Day, this PRA holiday is centered around the founding of the People’s Republic of Adhomai following the First Revolution. It begins with a President’s speech congratulating the loyal citizens of the republic for keeping up their ideals bestowed by the revolutionaries and the Party. Ceremonies are held in cities in respect to the various heroes of the Republic and Al’mari Hadii, who is given a full memorial in the form of a state funeral service in a square before the Steeple in Nal’tor. Military parades to show off the Republic’s advancements and might are held within major cities. The Social Harmony Committee of D6 hosts their own ceremony and parade with PRA veterans in front of the Hadii Living Complex.
- Presidential Honoring and Respect Anniversary (May 30th): held on President Njadrasanukii Hadii’s birthday (unofficially known as President’s Day) this holiday had only officially become one at the beginning of the Second Revolution. When President Hadii’s cult of personality grew into the power that it is today, he had seen fit to declare his own birthday a holiday within the PRA. During this day, a lengthy ceremony is held in the capital to celebrate President Hadii’s guidance of the PRA into the future and prosperity. This ceremony includes performances from the Grand People’s Army orchestra, personal accounts from military officers on President Hadii’s great leadership, and stories from the older generations who speak highly about how Hadiism improved Adhomai. D6’s party halls fill up during this time to screen recordings of the ceremony. Normally, to make full use of their payments, the organizers of these screenings hold dances afterward.
Hadii's Youth Clubs
Hadii's Youth Clubs are a recent reorganization by the current Minister of Education, Kalim Khazdar, of the much older Youth Brigades. After the armistice was signed, it soon became clear that the war-oriented Youth Brigades were no longer suitable for the young citizens of PRA. Thus Hadii's Youth Clubs were established, focusing more on education, good manners, and proper political behavior. Children from ages three to seventeen can enroll in a youth club, with the youngest members often being given to the care of the girls in the clubs.
Members of these clubs are easy to spot due to their uniforms. The boys are equipped with blue shorts, or pants during winter, white shirts, and bright orange cravats. Meanwhile, the girls are required to wear blue skirts, white long-sleeved shirts, and bright blue cravats. This uniform is a carry-over from the Youth Brigades, with one exception being the color of the shirt as it was changed from red to white. Children in these clubs often try to collect "good deeds" into their assigned logbooks. These deeds range from carrying groceries to the old, visiting an industrial powerplant, or conducting a course in political mannerisms. This of course isn't the only activity, as they are often given free time to play team sports, hike, or engage in "Pretend War".
The HYC is self-organized, with a civilian Party member being able to function as an overseer. Thanks to this change, even the most remote places are now able to provide their kids with after-school activities. Still, certain seniority exists, as the biggest HYC groups are pre-established and reorganized Youth Brigades, with most members still consisting of previous Youth Brigadiers. Notable youth clubs include; Young Ras'neers, Nal'Tor Volunteer Youths, and the controversial Rhazar Mountaineers, composed entirely of settled Rock Nomad children.
Crime in the People's Republic usually takes the form of bribery, smuggling, and paper forgeries. Violent crime is relatively uncommon and is harshly oppressed by the Hadiist police force. Because of its oversized and Party dominated bureaucracy, governmental corruption is widespread. The criminal underground is dominated by groups focused on forging documents and running illegal goods. Many Party members are involved in these organizations; authorities commonly obtain a share of their profits by turning a blind eye to their activities. This situation is known to the high echelons of the Party, but they prefer to only interfere when it aligns with their own motives.
Speaking against the Party, preaching any other ideology besides Hadiism, possessing unauthorized literature, and lying to Party members are among some of the political crimes that can earn anyone a hefty sentence. The persecution of dissidents is under the responsibility of the People's Strategic Intelligence Service. While the death sentence is generally reserved to members of the Party, victims of purges, or for those suspected of working for other Adhomian powers; most political prisoners are re-educated and later released.
Both common criminals and political dissidents are sent to the same prisons without any separation. This practice is done to promote conflict between both factions to prevent coordination among the convicts.
The People’s Republic of Adhomai possesses no official religion, as it is a secular state by its constitution. Most of the population identify themselves as followers of the S'rand'marr Worship or the Ma’ta’ke pantheon. Irreligious and atheists tendencies are growing each day, as many Hadiists consider the traditional religions as fictitious chains created by the old Njarir masters to control their serfs.
Despise being in the territory of the PRA, the holy city of Sana Sahira enjoys a large degree of freedom from the centralized authority of the state. Foreign missionaries are permitted in the Republican territory, but their activity and presence are closely monitored by the authorities.
Siik’maas is recognized as the official language of the People’s Republic of Adhomai, used in all official documents and taught in the schools. The use and learning of other Tajaran languages, such as Siik’tajr and Delvahhi, is discouraged by the education system, that works to establish a single universal tongue for all of its population. Speaking and teaching Delvahhi as a People's Republic citizen is currently a crime; as it is considered a subversive language.
Protected by the eponymous mountain range, the Nrazi'i Basin is the home of the Hadii Dynasty. Rebuilt in the image of a perfect Al'mariist society after the First Revolution, the Basin is a land of planned cities, rocket launch sites, and strict order. The region concentrates the majority of the PRA's technology industry and laboratories. Its inhabitants are considered to be the devout Hadiists; years of indoctrination and propaganda succeeded in creating a loyal population. Due to its status as the jewel of the nation, the People's Republic is willing to do anything it takes to stop its enemies from ever touching the Nrazi'i Basin.
The Ras'nrr Heartlands, also known as Adhomai's breadbasket, is home to the thousands of communal farms responsible for the majority of the agricultural production in the People's Republic. Lying in the shadows of the Nraz'i mountain range, the Heartlands is an idyllic paradise amidst the ever-growing urbanization. Since the end of the First Revolution, Central Ras'nrr maintains its rural tradition without forfeiting modernity; tractors, complex irrigation systems, and chemical fertilizers are widely diffused. Because of its large forest, the northern areas of the Heartlands have a thriving logging business. Its population has the fame of being rustic, but politically active, Hadiists. The communal farms are one of the few forces in the People's Republic able to negotiate with the Party on nearly equal grounds.
East Ras'nrr is the most populous and wealthy area of the People's Republic. Boasting a well-developed infrastructure and industry, the region plays an important role in supplying the rest of the continent; all kinds of goods quickly flow through its rails and roads after leaving the assembling lines. Thanks to the capital of Nal'tor, East Ras'nrr has plenty of contact with the overall galactic community. Alien products and media - as long they have been approved by the Party - are readily available to the inhabitants of the region. Despite this cosmopolitan nature, the Holy City of Sana Sahira stands in the south as a reminder of the Tajaran traditions.
The Rhazar Mountains and its surrounding areas are famous for their abundant mineral riches. Entire towns and villages are dedicated to mineration. Tons of ores are brought to the local foundries before being carried to be processed by the factories in East Ras'nrr. Because of its vast deposits of rare-earth elements, the Rhazar Mountains are essential to maintain the ongoing Hadiist's technological development. Communal farms are also present on the prairies east of the mountain range.
- Nal'tor: the capital of the People’s Republic. It is the most populated city in Adhomai, being the cultural, financial, and political center of the country. Nal'tor is considered modern and industrialized by Adhomian standards; it is the place where a Tajara can have the most contact with aliens and new off-worlder technologies. Despite the relatively low crime rates, its inhabitants are under constant surveillance by the police and the intelligence agency. It is home to the largest shuttle port on the planet. Attractions include the very active nightlife, Tajaran Electro-Swing clubs, and museums. The city is known for being the site of the now-destroyed Steeple, which is currently being replaced by the Palace of the Free Tajara. This building will be the tallest freestanding structure in Adhomai when completed. The Nal'tor College of Career Excellence is among one of its most famous academies.
- Tampiska: an industrial hub focused on the production of heavy machinery and automobiles. The city suffered greatly during the second revolution, being the stage of intense urban warfare between the Republican Army and the Adhomai Liberation Army. The Armistice has allowed Tampiska to recover, giving it the chance to return to its old productive days. The city contains vital roads and railways linking Nal’tor to the rest of Ras'nrr, making it a major strategic point. Main attractions include memorials related to the Tajaran civil wars and its many train stations.
- B'urr: an important harbor town on the coast of southern Ras'nrr. The city was once captured by the Adhomai Liberation Army during the Second Civil War and briefly renamed P’urr. Famous for its busy ports, where most of the coastal trade flows before being distributed through railroads. The settlement also has high crime rates, with shady figures wandering between its warehouses and docks during the night. The main Republican submarine base can be found in B’urr. The city is home to marinas and historic lighthouses.
- Mal'jor: a city built on the principal chokepoint dividing Ras'nrr. It is heavily defended by several military bases. The settlement was occupied by the rebel forces during most of the war until it was liberated in the final year of the conflict. A mining town exists close to the garrisons, with most of the population being employed in the prospecting business or the service sector. The entrance to Adhomai’s longest cavern, the Kurguzov Cave, can be found south of the city. Its tunnels spread further into the Rhazar mountains, with various areas still being left unexplored.
- Orul: a city located around the fertile lands of northern Ras'nrr. It remained under the control of Hadiist forces during the entirety of the war, avoiding any kind of destruction. While relatively underpopulated, it is frequently visited by the farmers of the region. Foodstuff is brought from the communal farms to Orul, where most of it is shipped to the rest of the Republic. The city lacks the presence of any industry or any major urbanization; it is considered an idyllic tourist attraction where Tajara can visit to escape the hectic metropolitan life found in the big cities. Azubarre is the patron god of Orul.
- Zatushka: a city located close to the vast forest of northern Ras'nrr. It is renowned for its logging and woodworking tradition. Due to the supply of high-quality wood, numerous artisans and industries have taken up residence on Zatushka. Furniture made here is known to be of high quality and is prized everywhere on Adhomai. The city was controlled by the Liberation Army during most of the civil war, resulting in heavy devastation during its capture in the last moments of the conflict. Dhrarmela is the patron god of Zatushka.
- Nazira: one of the oldest Tajaran settlements, resting on the shadow of Adhomai’s tallest mountain. Nazira is on the doorstep to Sana Sahira, serving as a stop-off point to pilgrims and priests. Several inns, hotels, and restaurants exist to serve the constant influx of travelers. Shops selling religious objects, such as icons and amulets, also play a big role in the local economy. The city is home to the oldest surviving S'rand'marr temple in Adhomai, the Temple of the Holy Blessed Suns, with its main structures and reliquary dating back to the Immigration Period.
- Al'mari: the ancestral land of the Hadii dynasty. It holds an important cultural significance for the People's Republic as the cradle of Hadiism. The city houses various museums dedicated to the first revolution and monuments praising the achievements of the PRA and its heroes. The town underwent reconstruction after the first civil war, rebuilding it following the principles of Republican architecture and meticulous urban planning. Al'mari is the national center of technological development, supported by high-tech industries, state-run laboratories, and the presence of the space program. The Hadii Institute of Orbital Research and Al'mari College of Hadiist Sciences are among the city's most prestigious learning institutions.
- Fort Hadii: a town that can be better described as a massive military complex. Originally a fortress meant to protect the Hadii's lands, it evolved into a robust system of bases, defenses, and garrisons along the northwest section of the Nraz'i mountains. Its military academies prepare aspiring officers to lead, while its training camps prepare conscripts for the realities of war. PSIS agents are supposedly indoctrinated in some hidden compound in Fort Hadii. The civilian population is composed of the family members of the personnel stationed in the base and of those working to supply and offer services to the military presence.
- Castle Vladis: once the site of an abandoned fortress, the island of Vladis was chosen to be the site of the PRA’s first maximum-security prison: the Try'urma Penitentiary. Due to its isolated position and turbulent waters; the institution has the fame of being inescapable. Common criminals, dissidents, and political prisoners are sent to Try'urma; those who are sentenced to it are rarely seen again. A military base and a small settlement are also present. The inhabitants of the town are the few civilians that are employed in the operations necessary to the maintenance of the government facilities.
- Chaniska: the last bastion of the People’s Republic in Amohda and a naval base on the southern region of the island. During the war, the vast majority of the native population fled to escape PRA control, leaving the city abandoned. The Republican Army was able to halt any armies encroaching on the city. Now, the PRA promotes resettlement of the area through a program to entice citizens displaced by the citizenship act to settle in Chaniska. The city is gradually being refilled, and the fishing and shipwright industry is expected to make a massive comeback as migration steadily increases. The area was the site of a tense military stand-off between the PRA and DPRA in 2463. While the DPRA eventually stood down, the rival armies of the two nations continue to glare at each other from their border fortifications.
- Klipavayr: a mining town in the Rhazar Mountains. It is home to the largest military underground hangar in Adhomai: the Klipavayr airbase. Built into the side of the mountains, the base houses autogyro squadrons and their pilots. Bauxite extraction and aluminum production are staples of the local economy. Klavpavayr is also famous for the Sham-Rhazar - an interwar period resort built atop the summit of one of the nearby peaks. The building is exclusively used by Party members for social and political meetings.
The People's Republic of Adhomai is the leading force on Adhomai when it comes to technological advancement. Owing to their long history as the only recognized Tajaran government (until recently), the Republic enjoyed assistance from extrasolar entities such as the NanoTrasen Corporation. This has helped the Republic develop advanced medical care and weapons, but most of this advancement is centered around the urban centers in the Republic's territory. Rural areas are typically less well-equipped, and the cost of medevacing injured family members to large cities like Nal'Tor is beyond the average farmer's budget.
Even the average Republican citizen enjoys the technological fruits of the PRA's labor. Automobiles are a common sight, even outside of the major population hubs. With advanced cold-resistant construction and snow tires, your local farmer's pick-up truck is more useful than the previous N'hanzfu-driven carts. Sedans, vans, and large trucks are typical of civilian Tajara, and automobile sales spiked with the end of the war. Never before has the average Tajara citizen been able to enjoy the luxury of automated travel with such ease. Specially designed snow-piercing trains and underground rail systems are a staple and facet of modern urban PRA life. Investment into infrastructure has enabled the PRA to create a wide web of rail and bus systems.
And, after a long day at work and riding public transportation, the typical PRA Tajara can return home to enjoy new advances in the field of telecommunications like their television set. Before the First Civil War, only the nobility had radios, and the populace had to rely on plays and other stage settings for entertainment. Now, not only are radios commonplace in almost every PRA household, but television sets are becoming even more popular. Each family is provided a television by the State, which can view up to at least thirty party-approved channels broadcasting everything from children's cartoons to the State news network. It is in this way that the People’s Republic is able to effectively disseminate propaganda to the masses and in some instances perhaps even spy on them.
Electric stoves, coffee machines, blenders, food processors - so many appliances have been introduced to the Tajara household. One can regularly view commercials on the air directed towards the lady of the house, advertising the next useful kitchen gadget to make her life taking care of her family and husband all the simpler! And for the children, simple wooden toy blocks and animals have been steadily replaced by plastic action figures, electronic video game systems, and even kid-friendly science-oriented learning sets (uranium included). For most families living in large cities, their home life has been irrevocably changed thanks to the Republic's technological superiority.
With their population booming from advances in medical care and home life, the PRA was forced to invest their money into agriculture and farming equipment as well. Tractors, tills, combines and other industrial farming mechanisms including auto-farms and culture-controlled greenhouses have supplanted and replaced the slow, old methods. Even small rural farmers no longer have to plant their crops by hand, as farming equipment is loaned by the government to ensure steady food production. A dying generation of old farmhands and ranch owners find their knowledge less and less useful to pass on as machine-assisted farmers outpace the yields of old.
Computers are quickly becoming widespread in the People’s Republic following the armistice. Outside of already being a fundamental part of the state bureaucracy, personal terminals are making their way into the Hadiist homes. Communal farms above a certain crop yield are given a computer linked to the managerial Artificial Intelligence to manage their production.
Notable Civilian Vehicles
- TAI-M1: a half-track, sedan-style car manufactured by the national automobile factories in Tampiska. Designed as a simple, cheap car to be mass-produced for the population during the interwar period. The initial plan of giving every Tajaran family an automobile was delayed by the Second Revolution; the constant fighting for Tampiska also interrupted much of the production. The project returned with full force after the Armistice. Able to withstand Adhomai's rough terrain and weather, the TAI-M1 is ubiquitous in PRA's urban and rural areas.
- TAI-Volgydoh: an executive car designated for Party Members and government officials. The Volgydoh is more spacious and comfortable than the TAI-M1. Early versions were convertible; this feature was discontinued after the assassination of Al'mari. These vehicles are only made in black color. Special models - powered by high-performance engines - are issued to the secret police. Due to the frequent use by the agents of the PSIS, these cars have been an almost constant target of bombing and sabotage attempts by the DPRA during the war, which lends them the nickname of "Coffin". Mentions of the nickname warrant the charge of inciting terrorism.
- Bryskavar Tractor: an experimental tractor powered by a miniaturized tesla engine. This prototype employs the same technology used by the tesla troopers. The tractor is larger than regular diesel models, but newer models are slowly being subject to improvements to fix this issue. The vehicle is currently being issued to communal farms as part of its testing phase. The initial prototypes were prone to random electric dischargers; another flaw that is being rectified by the Hadiist scientists. The People's Republic of Adhomai plans to apply this development to other vehicles.
It is not only the military that has benefitted from PRA innovation. Whereas prior to discovery, the life expectancy of the average Tajara worker was around fifty years, now individuals living in hubs like Nal'tor can survive even well into their eighties. A greater understanding of anatomy and medicines have enabled the Tajara people to live longer, healthier lives. Infant death has plummeted, and the production of numerous vaccines have rendered several diseases extinct. Tajara-specific medication is more easily and quickly synthesized, contributing to the decrease in the cost of drugs.
These life-saving medical advancements are not easy for all PRA citizens to reach, however. The countryside and the rural families living there often have to rely on more traditional methods of healing. Midwives are still a common sight in small villages and towns, though local clinics have been bolstered by receiving technology second-hand. When large hospitals in the PRA upgrade their machinery or equipment, it is typical of them to send out their older models to the outlying medical facilities around the large cities. Your village doctor may not have access to the advanced body scanner or cryogenic cells found in Nal'Tor hospitals, but your prospects are still brighter than before.
The most recent advancement for PRA citizens is the production of prosthetics using similar technology as the Tesla Trooper corps. Many veterans of both the First and Second Civil War have had their amputated limbs refitted with these mechanical limbs Whereas previously most prosthetics were of alien design, expensive to import, and difficult for Tajara to integrate with, the Tesla Limbs were created exclusively with Tajara anatomy in mind, making it far simpler for disaffected veterans to make use of their new prosthetics. Tesla prosthetics are now available to the civilian population following an expansion of the program in 2462.
Perhaps the largest gap between the three powers on Adhomai is one of military might; the People's Republic has the most advanced military and is the only government entity with the capability to launch its own ships into space. This gives them a significant advantage over the New Kingdom and the Democratic People's Republic as they can control the space around Adhomai without contest. The Orbital Fleet is a technological marvel achieved in conjunction with human scientists, who provided outside help in the Republic’s efforts to propel Tajara into the stars.
Beyond the Orbital Fleet and the Kosmostrelki that protect the S'rrendmarr system, the PRA is the only government entity on Adhomai to successfully field and maintain nuclear armaments. The most infamous deployment of these weapons was the bomb that atomized Quizosa, resulting in massive casualties. Since this incident and the galactic outrage it caused, the PRA has not used nuclear weapons again - but they have more missiles in storage, and the threat of nuclear fire has brought their enemies to heel in some small capacity.
Veterans of the People's Republic are entitled to high-tech prosthetics as replacements for war wounds, a technology derived from the Republic's fearsome Tesla Troopers. The Republic has not shied away from the mechanical enhancement of its special forces teams, and the aforementioned Tesla Troopers are an example of this. The standard soldier is supplemented with cutting-edge firearms and armor, further empowering their performance in the field. With a great emphasis placed on laser weaponry, heavy armor, military exosuits, and weapons of mass destruction, the PRA military is a force to be reckoned with indeed.
Notable Military Vehicles
- Ha'rron III: a main battle tank developed in the intermediate stages of the Second Revolution to replace the Mata'ke Rafama II. Thanks to its simple design, good armor, firepower, and speed, the Ha'rron III quickly became a mainstay of the Republican armored divisions. The tank is mainly used to accompany motorized infantry during operations. Plans were made to begin development on a Mark IV model after the war’s end, but those resources were instead moved by the ministry of technology to their mech designs.
- Rhazar Mk. I: a heavy tank built in the late stages of the Second Revolution. Instead of being equipped with a traditional ballistic gun, the Rhazar has a laser cannon. While this weapon gave the tank hefty firepower, it could only properly operate when in proximity to powerlines. However, the Rhazar Mk. I was effective in defending the Hadiist core territories in the final moments of the war. Projects to replace the engine with a tesla generator are currently underway.
- Trid'irra crawler: a mech created for the Division Experimental Exosuit. The Trid'irra is a medium-sized crawler carrying artillery guns. Its main role is softening targets before the multipurpose vehicles of the Division EE can engage. Because it was never used in combat, the true effectiveness of the Trid'irra remains unknown. Despite the investment in these new technologies, many Hadiist generals doubt that mechs can ever replace tanks.
The People’s Republic has been connected to the extranet since the end of the First Revolution. It has the largest population online in Adhomai. However, it is subject to censorship by the Party; the Extranet is closely monitored by the secret police for any subversive tendencies. Sites that contain Anti-Hadiist ideas, such as Al'mariism and Royalism, are blocked. To cover the role of the banned domains, there are Hadiist-approved sites available to the public. Accessing the uncensored extranet is possible through illegal software or by being a full member of the Hadiist Party. The People’s Republic is rumored to be behind the countless bots that roam the extranet downvoting and reporting anti-Hadiist content.
- Square: the most popular social media in the People’s Republic. Square is a social network service that allows users to create their profiles to stay connected to their friends and family. It is also possible to share content and pictures through a news feed and albums. In order to sign up, citizens have to register their Republican ID. The website is rumored to be used by the state to acquire extra information about its citizens.
- AdhomaiEye: the top search engine in the People’s Republic of Adhomai. AdhomaiEye is suspected of favoring Hadiist-aligned sources above popular or accurate results. Websites related to the other Tajaran factions are unlisted and searching blacklisted terms is considered a crime.
- PRATopic: an online forum aimed at young PRA Tajara living abroad. Outside of discussing mundane subjects and media, PRATopic has a large political section dedicated to the spread and the defense of the Hadiist ideal. The forum produces propaganda, political theory, and general virtual content to indoctrinate the younger generations. The website is infamous for its very strict moderation.
Government and Ideology
The People’s Republic of Adhomai is considered a presidential republic with a single-party system. The leadership and organization are extremely centralized, with all branches of the government and administration answering to the parliament and the president, Njadrasanukii Hadii. The president serves a twelve-year term while also having ample powers, such as being able to issue mandates or dissolve the parliament in cases of emergency. The Party of the Free Tajara under the Leadership of Hadii, also known as the Parizahra Zhahrazjujz Tajara Akzatauzjauna Azahrazakahuz Hadii, is the only and ruling party in the PRA, with its leader always being the elected president. They follow Hadiism as their main ideology, with the objective of securing the Tajaran freedom and place in the galactic community.
Membership of the Hadiist Party is not open. For anyone to become a member, they must be approved by a committee that considers their qualifications and past. Government officials can grant honorary memberships, this is seen as nothing but an honor and does not grant any status or position that a regular Party member would have. Full members of the Party always work in government positions.
Hadiism is an ideology characterized by strong centralized leadership, a one-party system, a rejection of the traditional Tajaran caste system, and the enforcement of a monolithic culture to replace regional identities. Its origins can be traced back to the First Revolution, but its current form was defined by Malik Hadii’s rise to power. Hadiism is extremely authoritarian and concentrates a large amount of power in the hands of the Party and its leaders. The cult of personality of the president is another key element to it; the supreme leader is the unquestionable guide for the entire nation.
The caste system is seen as one of the main obstacles to the future of the Tajara people. It is considered an issue so ingrained in the Tajaran society, that it requires state intervention to solve. The Hadiist solution to this problem is the creation of an artificial unifying culture whose goal is the elimination of any kind of division between the population. This new ideal puts great emphasis on the collective over the individual and undying loyalty to the Party. The new Hadiist Tajara is eager to sacrifice himself for the good of their nation and would never question the decision of his superiors. The desire to break with the burdens of the past extends to the religion to the more radical Hadiists; renouncing one’s belief in the Gods is necessary to recognize that no higher power than the Party exists. While incompatible with the Hadiist ideals, racism is still widespread and is a great hurdle in the process of eradicating the heritage of the caste system.
Hadiism is open to diplomacy with alien powers and is welcoming of megacorporations. In its vision, the Tajara should cultivate a prosperous and friendly relationship with the other species. However, Xeno cultural influence should be closely watched for it might clash with the Hadiist Culture.
Schools of Thought
- Orthodox Hadiism: the mainstream form of Hadiism, followed by the majority of the Party. Orthodox Hadiism follows closely the principles of the ideology without deviation. It is resistant to change and seeks to maintain the Party's rule over the Nation at all costs. Its main inspiration comes from the actions and doctrines established by President Hadii; Malik's cult of personality is found in its strongest form here.
- Totalist Hadiism: even with the ever-present secret police, strict censorship, and other measures to suppress political dissent, some Hadiists believe that the Party should exercise greater control of the society. Totalist Hadiism proposes the total planning and organization of the lives of its citizens according to the needs of the State. The concepts of independence, self-realization, individualism, and personal desires must be forgotten for the sake of the nation; a Tajara's sole purpose is to dedicate themselves to the Hadiist state. This ideal condition can only be reached through the implementation of a non-stop overview and invasive vigilance. Headmaster Harrrdanim Tyr'adrr is the main proponent of this ideology. It finds great support among the ranks of the People's Strategic Intelligence Service.
- Visionary Hadiism: originated from the growing scientific community in the People’s Republic, Visionary Hadiism believes that rapid and radical technological progress is needed for the Hadiist society to reach its goals. The flaws of the Tajaran people can be corrected with the help of revolutionary technologies; science must be used to permanently transform the Tajaran condition. No price is too great during the march of progress, neither nature nor Tajaran lives should stand on the path to greatness. Safe and ethical research is seen as a pointless constraint. Accelerated industrialization of all sectors is dictated as necessary to guarantee the survival of Hadiism against its enemy. Visionary Hadiism advocates for the expansion of the space navy and the establishment of more colonies. Under their vision, the Tajara are destined to populate and conquer the cosmos. The introduction of widespread augmentation is also among its policies; cybernetics implants would erase the concept of disability and inequality from the face of Adhomai. Minister of Technology Zhuldyz Hadii is the main proponent of this ideology. It finds great support among PRA’s researchers and the orbital fleet command.
- Young Hadiism: made up of students and intellectuals, the Young Hadiists are the reformist faction. Despite being unable to directly oppose the Party due to the threat of a political purge, they plan to change the system through gradual reforms. Young Hadiism preaches that authoritarian measures were only temporarily needed to secure the existence and security of the People’s Republic. The Tajara deserve more political rights and freedom; the Party should be the people's protector, not their jailor. Young Hadiists are one of the few to raise concerns about Adhomai's nature being threatened by industrialization. Young Hadiists believe that changes should be cautiously implemented to avoid upsetting society and the government. Ultimately, the Young Hadiists plan to slowly transform the People's Republic into a proper Hadiist democracy. Minister of Education Kalim Khazdar is the main proponent of this ideology.
People's Strategic Intelligence Service
The People's Strategic Intelligence service is the main intelligence agency of the People's Republic. In the wake of the revolution that had won the species their independence, the budding government recognized the need for covert operations. Human teachers and equipment were employed to train their agents, which then embedded themselves across Adhomai in anti-government groups, media moguls, law enforcement agencies, and other levels of society to ensure that order was kept and no subversive elements could undermine the new, weak government. Since then, their reliance on humanity has grown weak, and the agency has established itself as a respected and feared intelligence service.
Several agents and informants are employed by the PSIS, both in domestic and foreign theaters. The agency makes use of espionage, sabotage, assassination, interrogation, blackmail, and all other short of subterfuge, during their operations. Subversive elements within the People's Republican are dealt with quickly, usually through night raids and abductions conducted with aid of black unmarked cars. Tajara residing in other systems are not truly safe from the Intelligence Service, as they are known to deploy their agents against off-world targets. Republican spies, enforces and collaborators are present in Mendell City's district six, carrying out orders or watching their fellow Tajara.
During the Second Revolution, the People's Strategic Intelligence Service was deployed in occupied territory to persecute anyone who was offering resistance or was suspected of doing so. Tens of thousands were killed or imprisoned by the secret police. Families of suspected guerilla fighters and dissidents were held hostage to force the suspects to surrender or come out of hiding. The Grand People's Army frequently collaborated with their operations under the guise of anti-partisan actions. Many community leaders, family members, and politicians remain "disappeared" by the PSIS.
The Hadiist justice system is heavily centralized and relies solely on written law. The code is biased toward protecting the Party’s rule and its position as the ultimate authority in the Republic. Courts are presided by judges chosen through Party appointment, with the presence of Hadiist model citizens selected as the jury when needed. Lawyers are always appointed by the state to work on cases; it is impossible for anyone to hire a professional of their choice. All advocates are required to work for the government in order to practice their profession.
Law enforcement in the People’s Republic is the responsibility of the National Police Department, an organization under the control of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. This agency is tasked with keeping the peace and investigating crimes. The Hadiist police force is the best equipped in Adhomai, but much of its efforts are hindered by the underlying corruption present in the government.
- Republic of Biesel: among the Tajaran nations, the People’s Republic of Adhomai has the strongest diplomatic ties with the Republic of Biesel. Thanks to NanoTrasen influence and support of the Hadiist government during the Second Revolution, Tau Ceti is considered a close ally. Biesellite authorities usually turn a blind eye to the PRA operations in the system. The Orbital Fleet sent an expeditionary force to aid Tau Ceti during the Solarian invasion of 2462.
- Sol Alliance: once an ally and direct supporter of the People’s Republic, relations between both states quickly deteriorated after a space skirmish in 2461. Despite the diplomatic reopening following the lifting of the Second Tajara Ban, the events before the Solarian collapse forced the PRA to finally cut all ties with Sol. There is no reconciliation on sight as the People’s Republic continues to supposedly fund the Tajara Revolutionary Army in the Wildlands and Sol continues to uphold the Third Tajara Ban
The People's Republic Military is composed of the Grand People's Army, the Republican Navy, the People's Air Force and the Orbital Fleet. The Grand People’s Army is the ground army of the PRA; it is formed by large divisions of motorized infantry and artillery teams. While being equipped with the best that the Adhomian industry can provide, the Republican army suffers from low morale and a lack of properly trained officers. A draft was introduced in 2458, replacing the volunteer model-army, requiring all male Tajara between 18-30 to enlist, unless they were able to pay a fee, prove that they are a member of the party or that they are employed under the NanoTrasen Corporation. Female Tajara can volunteer and are allowed to serve in combat roles.
The Republican Orbital Fleet is the pride of the People’s Republic military, as it is the only space navy among the warring factions of Adhomai. While used to defend the system and used to impose a blockade against the other factions, the Fleet was able to extract a costly victory in a skirmish against Solarian forces in S'rand’marr.
People’s Republic military hardware is the most advanced among the Tajaran nations. Laser weapons, alongside simple ballistic guns, are used by high-ranking soldiers or special operatives. Unlike the other Adhomian factions, the Hadiist military has fully adopted automatic weapons. Their service rifle is the Tsarrayut'yan rifle, a select-fire, automatic rifle. Regardless of advances in the small arms field, artillery is the Republican army’s main weapon and pride.
Traditional Tajaran weapons, such as single shot and bolt action rifles, are widespread among the rural population. Those guns are primarily used for hunting or held as heirlooms from the First Revolution. Firearms are far less common in the urban centers, as they are associated with Party officials or gangsters. The purchase and carry of firearms require a permit issued by the government, with the exception being made to the members of the Hadiist Party and weapons that are considered family’s relics. Civilians can only acquire simple pistols, revolvers, and hunting rifles. Party Membership allows citizens to acquire more powerful equipment, such as submachine guns.
- Tui'ad "Icelance" Laser Rifle: a clumsy energy weapon of Tajaran design, recharged through cranking. Despite having far less capacity and accuracy than modern laser rifles, the Icelance has proved itself to be adapted to the less advanced battlefields of Adhomai, as charging stations and even electricity can be a rare commodity in the most remote areas of the planet.
- Adar'Mazy Pistol: mass-produced pistol issued to People's Republic officers, government officials, and low-ranking Party members. Known for its simple, cheap, and reliable design, this weapon is produced by nearly all weapon factories in the Republic. The Adar’Mazy is also found in the hands of Adhomai Liberation Army soldiers and commanders.
- Nal'tor Model Pistol: given to Republican Commissars and high-ranking Party members, this bulky pistol is notable for its large caliber. Unlike the Adar'Mazy pistol, only a single factory in Nal’tor is allowed to fabricate it; its design is kept as a state secret. Because of its rarity and status, the Adhomai Heavy Pistol was a sought-after war trophy by royalists and rebel forces.
- Nuclear Launcher: the People's Republic of Adhomai was the first Adhomian faction to master nuclear fission. Atomic weapons were used before in the Tajaran civil war, causing the annihilation of the military base of Quizosa. The nuclear launcher was created at the end of the second civil, by republican scientists as a way to deploy such destructive force while on the field. This firearm launches a miniaturized nuclear warhead capable of causing a controlled, but highly destructive, nuclear explosion. Due to its experimental and dangerous nature, this weapon never saw deployment, but several prototypes can be found in the republican arsenals.
- Tesla Glove: a tesla-based weapon created by the People's Republic of Adhomai as part of their Tesla Brigade program. The glove is a gauntlet capable of firing electricity arcs and shocking targets by touch; as it is powered by a miniaturized version of the Tesla Spine. Because of its long recharge time and unwieldy design, the glove is mainly used as an ancillary weapon.
|Tajaran Lore Pages|
|Species and Ethnicity Lore Pages||Tajara · Tajaran Ethnicities|
|Planet and System Pages||Adhomai · S'rand'marr · Hro'zamal · Gakal'zaal|
|Culture Society and History Pages||Tajaran History · Notable Tajara · Adhomai Economy · Ma'ta'ke Gods · S'rendarr and Messa · Tajaran Minor Religions · Tajaran Emigration|
|Governments and Organizations Pages||People's Republic of Adhomai · Democratic People's Republic of Adhomai · New Kingdom of Adhomai · Tajaran Military Structures · Tajara Space Capability · Crevus · Little Adhomai · Free Tajaran Council · Tajaran Educational Institutions|