Stellar Corporate Conglomerate Occupation Qualifications
|Note: This page or section is moderated and can be used as a reference. This page or section should not be edited without good reason.|
Within the Stellar Corporate Conglomerate, we look to hire the best and brightest in a wide range of fields. Given the vast breadth of known inhabited space and the variety of university, doctorate programs and general experiences potential employees can be subject to, SCC HR has come up with these explicit requirements applicants much meet before being hired or allowed to work as a contractor.
The following requirements and recommendations are applicable all Horizon crewmembers working for the SCC directly, or as a contractor employed by an SCC affiliate company. More on the SCC and it's affiliates can be found here.
All potential employees must be able to meet all of the following criteria to be considered for employment either directly or via contract by the SCC:
- Must be a citizen or possess a work visa from all applicable governments
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be of sound-mind
- Those with psychological disorders are subject to additional levels of psychological screening
- Must understand Tau Ceti Basic without a translator
- Must be fluent in speaking Basic or using Sign Language
- Must have no outstanding warrants or bounties in recognized states
All potential employees are subject to the following pre-employment procedures, regardless of species, race, age, nationality and socioeconomic status.
The following are done in the order listed:
- Two-tier background check
- Employment and Educational History
- Criminal Record
- Routine Level-1 Psychological Evaluation
- Interview(s) with HR and department head(s)
- Sign binding non-disclosure agreement
Occupation Specific Requirements
For requirements on specific jobs, look at the job qualification section on specific job guides.
Jobs on Aurora
|Command||Captain - Executive Officer - Head of Security - Chief Engineer - Research Director - Chief Medical Officer - Operations Manager|
|Command Support||Corporate Liaison - Bridge Crewman|
|Security||Security Officer - Warden - Investigator - Security Cadet|
|Engineering||Engineer - Atmospheric Technician - Engineering Apprentice|
|Medical||Surgeon - Physician - First Responder - Psychologist - Pharmacist - Medical Intern|
|Research||Scientist - Xenobiologist - Xenobotanist - Lab Assistant|
|Operations||Hangar Technician - Shaft Miner - Machinist|
|Service||Assistant - Off-Duty Crewman - Passenger - Bartender - Chef - Chaplain - Librarian - Janitor - Botanist - Corporate Reporter|
|Non-human||AI - Cyborg - Personal AI|
|Special||Merchant - Ghost Roles|