|Access: Robotics, Technical Storage, Maintenance|
Qualifications: At least 25 years of age, Engineering, Mechatronics, or Robotics degree, (Masters preferred).
Relevant Education: Mars University - Solis Cognito University - The Gliutip’lyaz University
Supervisors: Research Director
Duties: Create Cyborgs, Exosuits and robots.
Guides: Guide to Robotics
Primarily, the Roboticist's job is to make cyborg bodies, and generally maintain activated cyborgs. Secondarily, Roboticists created helpful robots like Medibots and Floorbots. A skilled set of Roboticists can even build a powerful set of mechanized exosuits.
The Assembly Line is your home as a Roboticist. It contains exosuit fabricators for the creation of any robotic component you require, a circuit imprinter, a console, multiple sheets of metal, twenty sheets of plasteel, power cells, and a coil of wire. on the scattered tables there are multitools, tool boxes, a few flashes, loose tools, two proximity sensors, and two cell chargers. and just outside there are two cyborg recharge stations and four mech suit recharge stations.
Before We Get Started
There are a few things you should do once you spawn in your nice and clean Robotics office.
First, keep your metal organized, and understand how much each machine will take (and you will always need more metal). Second, glass and flashes are important for your robotics work, as are various devices and rare minerals. Third, have a plan before you start building anything huge, like a mech suit (Without specialty materials, they are unbuildable). Fourth, make sure to perform maintenance on cyborgs that come in; NanoTrasen usually doesn't load them with anything but the minimum required power cells. Finally, ensure you have proper eye protection when you weld, or you'll become blind quickly.
Another thing you can do as a Roboticist is make an Exosuit. These can be tremendously helpful or tremendously annoying depending on who uses it. They take more work to make than robots and require special circuits, Which are obtained through the circuit printer, so long as RND has done their job. Failing that, cargo or RND proper can get them.
Please note that walking around the station in an Exosuit when not transporting it or using it for its intended purpose is frowned upon! They're industrial tools, not personal carriages.
See more about Exosuits and their equipment on the Guide to Robotics page.
Traitoring as a Roboticist is fun and easy, especially since you spawn with flashes, and an expectation of building very dangerous machines. Your high station access, and access to tech storage will allow you to get pretty much everywhere, also you have gloves from the get go. And, of course, emagging any of your basic creations serves to cause havoc and chaos. Emagging the cyborgs can make them do what you want. Some people will ignore, tell on, or attack you.
Note that to emag a cyborg, you should follow these steps:
- Use and Emag or ID to unlock the cover.
- Crowbar open the cover.
- Use Emag again.
Do's and Don'ts
- Make cyborg bodies and install MMI's in them.
- Try to borg antagonists instead of the death penalty. They still fail, but are no longer a danger.
- Cut AI control when the AI is rogue.
- Make useful bots and leave them around the station.
- Give mining or medical an exosuit before you start working on personal projects. people will thank you.
- Offer up to any reasonable departments if they need hardsuits, exosuits or cyborg upgrades.
- Create hardsuits to be distributed to security, engineering, medical and any other departments that you feel fit.
- Get people to sign the reasonable paperwork so the janitor doesn't suddenly start walking around in a combat mech.
- Put beacons in all mechs lest they get stolen.
- Make a Cyborg and Exosuit Control Console.
- Put an MMI in a borg without making sure it's still there (they can speak you know).
- Blow up all the borgs because one was emagged.
- Immediately blow up all borgs in malf.
- Try to make a mech you don't have materials for, nothing is more useless than a pile of combat limbs while you beg for metal and silver.
- Go on mech rampages 'because you can'.
|Head of department||Research Director|
|Personnel||Roboticist - Scientist - Xenobiologist|
|Relevant Education||Mars University - Solis Cognito University - The Gliutip’lyaz University - Shungsta University of Agrarian Sciences - Hadii Institute of Orbital Research - Miran’mir Academy of Scientific Pursuits|
|Useful guides||Guide to Research and Development - Guide to Toxins - Guide to Xenobiology - Guide to Xenobotany - Guide to Robotics - Guide to Xenoarchaeology - Integrated Electronics - Guide to Telescience - Guide to Modular Weaponry|
Jobs on Aurora
|Command||Captain - Head of Personnel - Head of Security - Chief Engineer - Research Director - Chief Medical Officer|
|Security||Security Officer - Warden - Detective - Forensic Technician|
|Engineering||Station Engineer - Atmospheric Technician|
|Medical||Physician - Paramedic - Psychologist - Pharmacist - Scientist|
|Research||Roboticist - Scientist - Xenobiologist|
|Supply||Quartermaster - Cargo Technician - Shaft Miner|
|Civilian||NanoTrasen Liaison - Assistant - Visitor - Bartender - Chef - Chaplain - Librarian - Janitor - Botanist|
|Non-human||AI - Cyborg - Personal AI|
|Special||Merchant - Emergency Response Team - Foreign Legion - Rat- Miscellaneous Roles|