Difference between revisions of "NanoTrasen Liaison"
(→Interest Groups: Updates to include Yonnimer's request to include a visual Species Consular Permitted.)
(it is tajara)
|Line 78:||Line 78:|
Revision as of 16:55, 30 June 2020
|Access: The Representatives Office, the Bridge, and the Odin Shuttle.|
Qualifications: At least 30 years of age, relevant education. You've convinced NanoTrasen Central Command you're worth loaning a Shuttle, and you are representing an Interest Group
Relevant Education: The art of the deal.
Supervisors: Station Command and your Interest Group
Duties: Representing your factions interests, conducting interviews and AMAs',
Guides: Corporate Regulations, Station Directives, Guide to Law, Guide to Paperwork
NanoTrasen Liaisons or Representatives act as the link between an Interest Group and their assigned facility. Their primary concerns are to ensure that the group they're representing is treated more favorably or just ensuring they're treated equally, within Corporate Regulations, via interviews and reports to Command Staff about misconduct.
Secondary responsibilities of a Representative include increasing awareness of whatever factions or cause they represent. For more information on the goal of different kinds of Representative, see: Interest Groups
NanoTrasen Liaisons can be played by characters of any Species that can be a part of the represented faction, by players with a Head of Staff whitelist, it is not part of Station Command however.
Note that NanoTrasen Liaisons (Though, not the other types of Representatives) are one of three roles on the station that are Loyalty Implanted by default. This means that the implantee is almost always supposed to act in a way that they believe is in the best interests of NanoTrasen. This implant is part of the reason why Central Command trusts this Liaison to represent them, and it should not be voluntarily removed.
All Non-NanoTrasen Interest Groups get access to an External Comms Link in their Fax machine which enables them to contact their superiors. While they do not get all of the benefits of working for NanoTrasen, they definitely do get other benefits.
- A remade combination of Central Command inspectors and Internal Affairs Agents with more liberties to facilitate roleplay. They are expected to advise Station Command with the company's benefit in mind and promote NanoTrasen interests. They are encouraged to talk to employees about concerns, aspirations, and their general experience. They are authorised to secure contract extensions and other fluff legal paperwork. They may also exercise pressure for regulations and Central Command orders to be followed and enforced by command.
- On station liaisons from other Megacorporations with contractors on Station. They are supposed to represent the interests of their parent company, as well as to ensure the well being and prosperity of their contractors. They can pressure Command Staff, make requests, or even do back-alley deals and bribes.
- Tasked by the Biesel government to ensure that Tau Ceti Law is being followed, and that safety regulations are being followed. They are to promote Biesel sentiment, and reinforce the image of the bright beacon of democracy. They may also issue Tau Ceti citizenship and passports in certain circumstances.
- Dispatched by Solarian diplomatic missions in Mendell, their mission is to ensure the fair treatment and prosperity of Solarian citizens working on the Aurora. They are authorized to issue Alliance papers in certain circumstances. This also includes Consulars from the Eridani Federation who are included in the territories of the Sol Alliance.
- Dispatched from The Peoples Republic of Adhomai to ensure the well being and interests of Republican citizens who are living in this far away Tajaran enclave. They are to encourage proper Republican values and make sure that party lines are being upheld. The Republic has struggled to insert their representatives onto NanoTrasen Stations, and would not like to upset their host. Thus, the means of the Republican representative to enforce party policy are very limited and soft.
- Hailing from Unathi owned space, these diplomats are here to reach the Unathi working on NanoTrasen vessels and keep the relations between NanoTrasen and the Hegemony in top shape. As a Unathi representative, you will need to carefully balance the morals of your homeworld and your diplomatic responsibilities.
- You are recommended to call Unathi to your office, to speak with them and learn their origins. Talk about their clan back on Moghes, learn their religious ideals, find any... undesirables who might be hiding their clan name and ensure paperwork is sent to a Hegemony vessel documenting a possible Guwan hiding their Guwan title behind their old Clan name.
- Consulars will always be noblemen, or even noblewomen. Either way, your clan is notable and you might be related to a Lord of Moghes in some way.
- Hosting Feasts in honor of the Hegemon is always fun. Let everyone know you're rich, by paying for all their meals for the shift.
- If a Guwan wishes to prove themselves capable of restoring their title, or creating a new one, you are one of the first steps. They must prove themselves worthy enough to be represented by you or someone you choose in a court. Afterwards, directly message the Lore Developer in charge of Unathi, or a deputy.
- Having come all the way from Nralakk these officers are very well versed in local customs and culture. Being the natural diplomats, Skrell Consular Officers are very diplomatically savvy and knowledgeable and are on the station to remind other Skrell how far the Federation reaches. Thus a Skrell Consular Officer should strive to be the last person on the station to offend their host, while not being a complete pushover.
Note: Only Skrell can be Federation Consular Officers.
- Sent by the Dominian Empire, the job of Dominian Consular Officer is to dispell all perceived inaccuracies about Dominian first and ensure the loyalty of its subjects second. Dominia has had an understanding with NanoTrasen ever since its rediscovery by the other spacial factions and its officers ensure that this relationship lasts, despite the ideological differences.
- Representing one of the hives, Vaurca Consular Officers are always a special type of Vaurca, a Ta also known as a Breeder. As the emotional centerpiece of Vaurca society, a Vaurca Consular officer is the ideal type capable of communicating and understanding all the other species in the system.
Embrace The Bureaucracy
So, your shoes are polished, your tie is on straight, your stamp is inked up and there’s a full cup of coffee on your desk - what now?
- Typically, the broad duties of a Representative can be sorted into three major categories:
- Awareness: Activities meant to raise understanding of your Interest Group, or to foster respect for it. A good example would be a National Representative holding a Civics class for non-Nationals, or a Corporate Representative explaining the virtues of their company and the work it does to others, and how important that work is. More back-alley actions could be considered awareness, but for your own sake, should be rare.
- Oversight: Activities meant to overwatch your Interest Group, to ensure they're working safely, and that they're being given everything they need for their job. An example of this would be keeping tabs on those who are within your purview, such as PDAing them to ask if they've had any problems, etc. Another example would be asking others what they've seen in regards to peoples' treatment of them.
- Protest: Activities taken in response to mistreatment. An example would be contacting the Captain, Head of Personnel, or Security when you suspect someone from your Interest Group is in danger or has been wronged. Another would be vocally protesting in response to someone from your Interest Group being arrested, even going as far as to negotiate for their release. Do not push this or it may lead to trouble!
Before you sign on for that first shift, recognize a hard truth about Representatives: you are not, strictly speaking, a necessary component of the station’s crew. By yourself, you cannot permit, prevent, or enforce just about anything. You are barely even part of the Stations' Crew.
Your ability to effectively do your job therefore relies on your ability to communicate with the station’s various Departments, and Station Command. Having good working relationships with the crew also makes it more likely that they will come to you with their problems, or report things to you, rather than leaving you to hunt for them, or to sit at your desk contemplating your coffee all shift.
- In order to help build those working relationships, there are a few things Representatives should try to do.
- Do Spread Awareness: The only way you're going to get Station Crew on your side is if you get involved with the Crewmembers aboard the Aurora, in whatever way you may choose to do so, or your Interest Group entails.
- Do Not Cause Trouble: You are here with the express permission of Station Command and NanoTrasen, a permission that can easily be revoked, you don't want to test them, and any violation of Corporate Regulations should be strictly covert.
- Do Play Favorites: It is the express purpose of your job to advocate for your Interest Group, and thus, to play favorites. If you think that helping a Crewmember who is close to someone in it will aid in that, you should definitely do it if it fits your character. Though, you don't want others to know, as it could land you in trouble with a Security Officer, and thus, Station Command. It could also violate Server Rules in extreme cases, if in doubt, Ahelp.
"Command staff are expected to engage representatives through diplomacy and to consent to reasonable requests. The representative is not part of the station chain of command. The representative is granted special status in relation to corporate regulations;"
- The representative does not serve brig time for low level infractions, the fine alternative can be used in those cases. The representative can be serve brig time for medium and high level infractions, with command staff being able to contact Central Command requesting the revocation of the representative's privilege.
- The representative's office offers immunity to the representative. Security may not enter to conduct arrests under normal circumstances. Entering or refusing to exit the office is considered trespassing. The office's immunity may be revoked by the captain or a captain level decision. The office's immunity may be revoked by the captain or a captain level decision.
Read more at: Station Directives: Directive 12.
- This scenario is unlikely as the NanoTrasen Liaison, as the loyalty implant all Liaisons are required to have prevents you from betraying NanoTrasen. However, if you're a Representative for a different group, and find yourself selected for traitor, congratulations! You are an antagonist trusted explicitly by your Interest Group, who will likely be thrilled to help you.
- Wield your bureaucracy against the company you've signed up to act within! The morphic clerical kit may be of use to a traitorous Representative, as the stamps it provides allow you to forge command staff approval of just about anything. Through this, you can stamp approval papers to your fellows, have them lie to Command Staff about who they got them from, and then procure anything they'd like, thanks to you. If anyone questions what you're doing, remind them that you have the best interests of your people at heart.
|Heads of staff||Captain - Head of Personnel - Head of Security - Chief Engineer - Research Director - Chief Medical Officer|
|Useful guides||Guide to Command - Corporate Regulations - Guide to Paperwork - Guide to Station Procedure - Job Accessibility Requirements|
Jobs on Aurora
|Command||Captain - Head of Personnel - Head of Security - Chief Engineer - Research Director - Chief Medical Officer|
|Security||Security Officer - Warden - Investigator - Security Cadet|
|Engineering||Station Engineer - Atmospheric Technician - Engineering Apprentice|
|Medical||Physician - Emergency Medical Technician - Psychologist - Pharmacist - Medical Intern|
|Research||Scientist - Roboticist - Scientist - Xenobiologist - Lab Assistant|
|Supply||Quartermaster - Cargo Technician - Shaft Miner|
|Civilian||NanoTrasen Liaison - Assistant - Visitor - Bartender - Chef - Chaplain - Librarian - Janitor - Botanist|
|Non-human||AI - Cyborg - Personal AI|
|Special||Merchant - Emergency Response Team - Foreign Legion - Rat - Miscellaneous Roles|