NanoTrasen Occupation Qualifications
At NanoTrasen, we look to hire the best and brightest in a wide range of fields. Given the vast breadth of known inhabited space and the variety of university, doctorate programs and general experiences potential employees can be subject to, NT HR has come up with these explicit requirements applicants much meet before being hired.
The following requirements and recommendations are applicable to new hires and current employees applying for a job outside of their department only. For information on in-department paygrade increases and promotions for current employees of NanoTrasen please see NanoTrasen Corporate Finances.
All potential employees must be able to meet all of the following criteria to be considered for employment by NanoTrasen:
- Must be a citizen or possess a work visa from all applicable governments
- Must be at least 18 years old (17 years for interns/apprentices)
- Must be of sound-mind
- Those with psychological disorders are subject to additional levels of psychological screening
- Must understand Tau Ceti Basic without a translator
- Must be fluent in speaking Basic or using Sign Language
- Must have no outstanding warrants or bounties
All potential employees are subject to the following pre-employment procedures, regardless of species, race, age, nationality and socioeconomic status.
The following are done in the order listed:
- Two-tier background check
- Employment and Educational History
- Criminal Record
- Routine Level-1 Psychological Evaluation
- Interview(s) with HR and department head(s)
- Sign binding non-disclosure agreement
Occupation Specific Requirements
For requirements on specific jobs, look the qualification section on specific job guide.
Jobs on Aurora
|Command||Captain - Head of Personnel - Head of Security - Chief Engineer - Research Director - Chief Medical Officer|
|Security||Security Officer - Warden - Detective - Forensic Technician|
|Engineering||Station Engineer - Atmospheric Technician|
|Medical||Medical Doctor - Paramedic - Psychologist - Pharmacist - Biochemist - Roboticist - Scientist|
|Research||Roboticist - Scientist - Xenobiologist|
|Supply||Quartermaster - Cargo Technician - Shaft Miner|
|Civilian||NanoTrasen Liaison - Assistant - Bartender - Chef - Chaplain - Librarian - Janitor - Botanist|
|Non-human||AI - Cyborg - Personal AI|
|Special||Merchant - Emergency Response Team - Foreign Legion|
|Community made guides||Forensic Guide - Guide to Hydroponics - Guide to Mining - Guide to Robotics - Guide to Telescience - Guide to Integrated Electronics|
|Official Aurora guides||Occupation Qualifications - Emergency Response Team|