|RESEARCH & MEDICAL STAFF|
|Access: Medbay, Morgue, Operating Theatre|
Qualifications: 26 years of age, applicable Masters from accredited school, 2 years Residency at accredited hospital or clinic.
Relevant Education: Lunar University of Medical Science - Skalamar University Of Medicine - Biesel Institute of Medical Sciences - Aliose University of Medical Sciences - Trizar State Medical Academy
Supervisors: Chief Medical Officer
Duties: Make medicine and research viruses
Guides: Guide to Chemistry
As a Pharmacist your job is to mix chemicals for the others to use. Your work will be needed mostly by Medical Doctors. You also have the option to make grenades, but using them or making them without clearance can get you brigged (or possibly banned). For more information visit: Exia's Chemistry Tips and Tricks
You mix and deliver chemicals. That's it. Some of the time you can do whatever you feel like doing, but for most of the round you'll be making chemicals for the medical staff.
Mental Trauma and Policy
- All characters with a Medical Doctorate degree are capable of diagnosing mental trauma, as well as prescribing medication for their diagnosis.
- Surgery trained Medical personnel are fully capable of Neuro-surgery where necessary to treat mental trauma.
- Pharmacists are fully capable of synthesizing mental medication, but they cannot diagnose mental trauma, or prescribe medicine.
- Psychiatrists/Psychologists are the foremost experts on this type of illness, they are the only capable of advanced treatment (Hypnosis, Crystal Therapy, and Isolation) and they should be the first to treat mental trauma when available.
Cloning and Medical Skills
- Pharmacists do not have a Physician's training, and so they cannot operate Cloning Pods, they may operate the Sleepers and Cryogenic Tubes to a basic level.
- Pharmacists are unable to authorize medicinal treatments for patients. They are, however, able to issue chemicals (especially non-medical ones) per direct request, including medicinal chemicals with the approval of the CMO. They can check Crew records for pre-existing prescriptions and provide them despite this.
- They are not capable of acting as a Physician, as such they can only assist Residents and Trained Physicians in emergencies and not act in their place. Despite this, they can be trained in basic first aid.
- They may assist Medical personnel as a general Orderly, but only if the department needs their help.
As a pharmacist you'll either be swamped with requests or have none at all. A good pharmacist revels in finding work for themselves regardless.
- Your first priority: Medication for the doctors.
- Bicaridine, dermaline, dexalin plus, and dylovene for the four major damage types.
- Inaprovaline to stabilize critical patients, Inaprovaline also prevents Internal Bleeding from spreading. Epinephrine is a much more potent stabilizer and you will want to create that,too.
- Alkysine for brain damage, imidazoline for eye damage, Deltamivir for viral infections, Thetamycin for wound infections, ethylredoxrazine for alcohol poisoning, and Tramadol for pain.
- Upgrade the Cryoxadone in the cryo tubes to clonexadone.
- Peridaxon is time-consuming to make, but will heal organ damage.
- Check medical records for prescriptions to fill.
- The bartender or chef may ask you for chemicals to cook or mix drinks with. Some of them are safe, others are not. Use your judgment.
- The janitor will want Space Cleaner refills.
- The gardener will want fertilizer (diethylamine or ammonia).
- Synthmeat can be manufactured for the kitchen, or as biomass for the cloning equipment.
You can mix chemicals in a few ways, but the easiest way is to add a beaker to the chemical dispenser and then dispense appropriate amounts of base chemicals. If the mixture is correct, the solution will bubble and you'll now have a some of your end product.
Mixing directly from other beakers, droppers and syringes also helps if you need a certain amount of each chemical. Just click one holder on another to pour some of the solution.
Adding any solution to a ChemMaster 3000 will let you isolate and make pills or bottles of chemicals you add to it.
As a Phamacist, you have access to grenade materials in the sublevel. You can fit two regular beakers in a grenade casing. This means potentially 120 units of whatever concoction you want. It is possible to use medicine, water, or more devious items in a grenade. The mixing and matching of different chemical formulas may not always go as planed, but that's just how science goes. Keep in mind, making and using grenades that harm others will get you brigged in the least, and possibly job banned if you weren't an antagonist.
Building Grenades 101
- Use a screwdriver on an igniter to make it attachable.
- Attach the igniter to the timer, or some other triggering device (proximity, signaler, etc.)
- Screwdriver the Igniter-timer assembly to make it attachable.
- Attach the assembly to the grenade case.
- Add your beakers of chemicals, then screwdriver the case again.
- Using it in your hand opens up a window, where you can set the control mechanism of the grenade.
Note that the case must be on the ground to do this correctly!
Pills are a great way to give large amount of medicine at once. If you are going to make medicine that will be single serve, make it pill form. Each pill can hold 60 units of material at one time. Up to 14 pills will fit into a pill bottle, which itself is still small enough to fit into a box or pocket. As a cautionary note, remember that most chemicals will cause toxic damage from overdose over 30 units, so be careful how much you add to a pill.
Good Examples for pills: A typical pill will have about 15 units of medication in it. This is a good amount because it's a large enough dose for most situations, but even if you accidentally double-dose someone, you still won't go over the 30 unit overdose limit.
- Alkysine: Heals brain damage.
- Dexalin Plus: Heals suffocation damage and helps keep someone with heart or lung damage alive.
- Bicaridine: Heals brute damage.
- Dermalin: Heals burn damage.
- Dylovene: Heals toxin damage.
- Thetamycin: Treats infections.
Bottles should contain material that is not medicine, such as acids, or medicines that are not used all at once, like Clonexadone. Each bottle can hold 60 units, and can be splashed onto things.
Some doctors prefer bottled medicines because using a syringe to inject medication lets them choose the dose in 5-unit increments, and because they don't have to deal with pill bottles. However, injecting medication through the ports on a space suit is time-consuming.
Good Example for Beakers:
- Regular medicines
You have a supply of autoinjectors, initially loaded with Inaprovaline. The Inaprovaline can be drawn out of the autoinjectors and other substances injected into them with syringes. Autoinjectors are one-use items for delivering a 5u dose of medication quickly. They are usually modified to hold Inaprovaline/Dexalin Plus mixtures (to stabilize a suffocating person), soporific (to sedate a combative patient) or various potent poisons, if you happen to be an antagonist. Be sure to label any autoinjectors you have modified, unless you don't want people to know they've been modified...
The CMO's hypospray, initially filled with Inaprovaline, can also be refilled this way. It works like a multi-use autoinjector.
Chemistry is one of the most dangerous jobs on the Medical staff, and it's easy to be a strong Traitor. A LOT of the chemicals you have access to will kill when injected. Access to grenades is a plus, not the mention for infinite sedative refills. Remember to keep it sane and within the server rules. A bunch of napalm grenades thrown around will not win you any points. Like any job in Medical, Pharmacist lends itself to malpractice-style traitoring. "Accidentally" contaminate your medication, or hand out overdoses. Or maybe your traitor is more of a recreational chemist than a medical pharmacist (mindbreaker toxin, anyone?).
|Head of Department||Chief Medical Officer|
|Personnel||Physician - Surgeon - Psychologist - Pharmacist - Emergency Medical Technician - Medical Intern|
|Relevant Education||Lunar University of Medical Science - Skalamar University Of Medicine - Biesel Institute of Medical Sciences - Aliose University of Medical Sciences - Trizar State Medical Academy|
|Useful Guides||Guide to Medicine - Guide to Surgery - Guide to Chemistry - Guide to Cadavers|
Jobs on Aurora
|Command||Captain - Head of Personnel - Head of Security - Chief Engineer - Research Director - Chief Medical Officer|
|Security||Security Officer - Warden - Detective - Forensic Technician - Security Cadet|
|Engineering||Station Engineer - Atmospheric Technician - Engineering Apprentice|
|Medical||Physician - Emergency Medical Technician - Psychologist - Pharmacist - Medical Intern|
|Research||Scientist - Roboticist - Scientist - Xenobiologist - Lab Assistant|
|Supply||Quartermaster - Cargo Technician - Shaft Miner|
|Civilian||NanoTrasen Liaison - Assistant - Visitor - Bartender - Chef - Chaplain - Librarian - Janitor - Botanist|
|Non-human||AI - Cyborg - Personal AI|
|Special||Merchant - Emergency Response Team - Foreign Legion - Rat- Miscellaneous Roles|